September 2011 Photo Competition

Happyshopper

Thanks to Splendidz for picking out my shot for the "Extreme" theme! Well chuffed :D

I thought I'd pick a theme you can have fun with, so try Stealth on for size!

Good luck and have fun!

HS.

The rules are the same as those used in previous months.....

1) The photo must be cache related and to do with a specific UK cache (any type including events), caching series or caching trip - please include a link to the cache or the GC.... code so we can see where the picture relates to.

2) Two photos per caching team or cacher. (Maybe 3 if you really have an extra pic that's great!)

3) A new thread is started each month, with the OP stating these rules.

4) The winner each month is decided by the winner from the previous month - the new winner starting the thread for the subsequent month. They may set a theme* if they wish.

5) Photos should be recent. Higher credit will be given to photos taken in the current month.

6) The competition runs from the 1st of the month, until a date specified in the OP by the previous months winner. This should give sufficient time for the winner (or other person if necessary) to start the new thread.

If you haven't already uploaded a photo, a good tip might be to upload to one of your log entries (it can just be 'post a note'). Then, display the photo and copy the URL to provide a link to the post. If it's not actually relevant to the cache you've used, delete the note and the photo - the URL will still work. On this forum, add a reply and click the small green tree icon above the text box and paste in your URL.

Cannop Ponds, in the Forest of Dean is one of our favourite spots to get our 'fix' of wild water play.

GCFA3B

2/9/2011 The girls stealthily used an old piece of rope one of them had picked up while caching in the woods to corral a fish and then, as I came over to see what they were up to, they tried to catch it in their hands. The older girl was more squeamish and so the younger one gently made a pool in her hands and passed it to her sister before they carefully put it back in the pond again. :D

2eun314.jpg

I have to be pretty stealthy to get photos of them too, these days.

(We realise this is probably a goldfish someone won at a village fete and released here, and don't recommend people do that. This one had fin rot. :huh: )

Edited by Fianccetto

Sorry for the delay, I've been busy getting out of the house this weekend in the good weather!

I think mikenjess deserve a special mention for this effort, very funny!

This is my husband and I (he was barefoot) celebrating our 700th.

a8d9d2be-e92e-4247-846e-102d6bedb72c.jpg

However this month I'm going to give the prize to The Patrician, you couldn't have set this up better if you tried (and I'm sure it wasn't set up)!

c78b5878-142b-46f5-898b-63f3ab8a171e.jpg

I had a feeling I was being watched.....

Cleeve View geocache

Congratulations, and thank you to everyone else who entered this month :)

However this month I'm going to give the prize to The Patrician, you couldn't have set this up better if you tried (and I'm sure it wasn't set up)!

Thanks for that, now I need to think of an idea for the October contest.

The sheep had their eyes on the dog and when they all lined themselves up I grabbed the camera and took the photo, pure luck!