Do people read?

eusty

We left a TB when we were down in Dorset..

Current GOAL

While my owners were on holiday in Weymouth they left me behind :-(

I just want to get home to Kings Lynn in Norfolk so I can be reunited with them again, maybe if I do they will send me off on new travels.

I would like some photos of my journey home please, just to prove to them I didn't just catch the train home!!

And this was on the TB as well as the listing.

It had got to Guildford in Surrey so it was making it's way back...good we were thinking!

Then someone picks it up and takes it to GC2CGD0 :(

When I pick up a GC/TB then I have a read of it's mission and try to help it...wish everyone did!!

Rant over :)

When someone picks up a TB or GC I would think that 90% of people AT THAT POINT do not know its mission... it is not until they get home and log the retrieval that they find out the goal. That goal may not fit into their plans or places - in this case would you prefer they held on to it indefinitely until they were going in the right direction, or simply dropped it back into circulation with a few miles added?

When someone picks up a TB or GC I would think that 90% of people AT THAT POINT do not know its mission... it is not until they get home and log the retrieval that they find out the goal.

Thats one of the reasons I put the goal on the tb :)

No biggie its just I was hoping to get it home and then send it out on a 'go anywhere' mission.

All part of the fun I guess :)

Did you state it had to take the most direct route? A straight line between Weymouth and Kings Lynn? :ph34r:

It's just coming back to you via some interesting, far flung and varied parts of the UK (hopefully with some pictures), surely that's all part of the fun of watching where TBs travel. :grin:

Agree.

Do owners give specific instructions?

You didn't say by which route!

:D

When someone picks up a TB or GC I would think that 90% of people AT THAT POINT do not know its mission... it is not until they get home and log the retrieval that they find out the goal.

The irony in that sentence, and the subject title, is not lost on me :blink:

(... wanders off to Specsavers.)

If I see the mission on a trackable in the cache and can not help I will often leave it but sometimes the item may have been in there for a while so I take them anyway and hopefully drop in a busier cache, even if its the wrong way so at least it gets going again.

There are certainly occasions when I have taken them also when I did not read the attached mission as there were muggles approaching or it was throwing it down so I grabbed it and closed the cache quickly.

If the mission is not attached and I do not read it until I am online later, then there is not a lot I can do. Which really is how all trackables are these days, you stick a wish on them but at the end of the day it is a wish so what will be will be. Just hope it gets some interesting pictures along the way. You are at the mercy of cachers and can just wish it eventually arrives where you want it to be, one of my coins that wanted to stay in England was found in a cache in Switzerland after going missing I am just happy it has reappeared and travelling around again.

The irony in that sentence, and the subject title, is not lost on me :blink:

(... wanders off to Specsavers.)

When I mean on I mean on...as in attached to it :)

I have some TB's which comprise a plastic thing with the TB tag attached. Written clearly on the plastic thing - not an attached piece of card - it says "do not take outside of mainland UK". The bugs are partial clues to a puzzle cache, so want to keep them in the country.

You can imagine my frustration when I saw a log saying that a finder had happily relocated one of them to Belgium :mad:

Whats an odd detour between cacher's and their TB's :)

We picked one up once ... read it wrong at first - second read it needed to go back to owner in Oswestry for repair/replacement - was on our way to meet a friend from Oswestry at campsite in Cheshire so took TB - friend then started caching and placed in a cache in Oswestry and notified the owner ... job done !!!!!!!

Nooooo - someone picked it up and took it away on their travels :mad: no idea where it went from there

We only have one out - with mission attached to it - but it's not moving much :(

As I live close by and was one of the last to visit that cache, would you like me to get it and post it to you? or are you happy enough for it to have a holiday in Northern Ireland?

It's fine thanks :) It was more an experiment to see if it would get home, but I guess it may get here someday...if not I'll enjoy it's travels :)

sometimes it happens i do try and follow the missions but if your away with out internet and pick up a tb when u get home u could of taken it in the wrong direction compleatly or even out of the country i have done it many a time by accident but then my tbs are spread all over the world and have had many detours. personaly i would rather my tb moved than stay in a cache untill the right person can move it.

lmn