Fixed 2 login issues

Jeremy

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy:

I fixed two login issues. If you are still running into one, please let me know.

Whew! That was a hard one to pin down.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

You fixed my log-in prob Jeremy. Thanks.

Alex.

------------------------------------------------

Knights of the Green Shield stamp and shout.....

I was finally able to log in but in a very convoluted way. Up to the my cache page everything is ok. When I click on nearest cache page or the filter it logs me out at the nearest cache page. When I try a log in on that page it keeps taking me to that page. I selected a cache and tried to log in - same thing. Then I clicked on 'log in to log in' and finally it gave me a log in page and from that point forward I was able to log caches. I closed IE and restarted and tried again and still had to go through the same process.

BTW you asked me to log in to this forum which is different from the nearest cache page forum but they are intricately tied together - what difference does it make which forum I post on?

You're having a login issue which is well documented here. The discussion of the nearest cache page is about the functionality of the nearest cache page.

When you have X observations, suggestions, and bugs, sometimes its nice to separate out some of the big ones so you don't forget them. I'm sure you can understand that.

My thought is that the nearest cache page is being cached in your browser, and after you log into the site it redirects you back to the nearest cache page (as it redirects you now to wherever you were before you logged in). Unfortunately since that page is now cached in your browser it still shows you as not logged in. I will adjust the page so it forces a deletion of the page in memory (or disk) so this hopefully does not happen.

If it does happen, try visiting the home page when you're logged in and click on "advanced search" - that should reload the page. Also holding your shift key and clicking on refresh in your browser may reload a fresh version of the page.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

I'm having a login issue with the forums. I'm using Apple's new Safari Browser, and in the forums I can't log in. On the main site, I can't log out.

In the forums (fora?), when I click on the [login ] button it does nothing. I suspect this is a javascript issue. it works fine under I.E., but I.E. will no longer be supported on Mac OS.

On the main site, when I click the logout button, I just cycles back to the opening page, and it says I'm still logged in. When I fetch the 'my cache page', it still comes up with my information.

-- Mitch