Visiting Crystal Mt - Sept 1st

team-allen

We are a family of new geocachers and are visiting Crystal Mountain to ride the gondola and get a little lunch, obviously I've looked at the caches in the area, however, it's been years and years since I have visited the area so I have NO IDEA which geocaches are logical for us to go after. Anyone have any suggestions or advice for us?

Thanks so much!

silver springs surprise is a fun one along 410, Arbor Cache driving into Enumclaw is another fun/head scratcher, Choose your bridge is kinda cool, may not be the best for younger children since you need to walk along 410, What's That? is neat, GRNH20 and warm up stop are easy grab in greenwater, which is always a good place to stop, both are very kid friendly. If you have time, Yosemite Sam and Betty Boop is a good one, but you do need to drive on some easy going forest roads to get to it and scramble down an embankment, but it's a good family cache I thought.

That's all I thought of as I was running through the map. The silver springs cache would be the last one you wanna do, otherwise they're in order along 410. I haven't done the Gondola yet, but it sounds like a ton of fun!

Probably to late for you, but here are a couple more.

I would recommend the following.

View? What view? GC13GBA

Quick stop, right off 410.

The Seed Farm GC12HTF

Little farther off Hwy.410. but not too far,and you can drive to within 400 ft. of the cache with most vehicles. You can drive to within feet of it on the little spur road, if you have the right vehicle. (I drive a CRV, and drive right up to this everytime I check on it.)

Half Camp Horse Camp

CowboyMaps.Com

gcy07M

And

Sand Flat Horse Camp

CowboyMaps.Com

GCY082

Both of these are located in campgrounds just off the Highway to Crystal Mountain.

Probably to late for you, but here are a couple more.

I'd suggest the original poster since they're new learn how to search via the maps. There's a cache 'at the top' of Crystal about a quarter mile from the gondola. Just did it this afternoon.

Searching via maps (play with the road/terrain/satellite overlays) is really effective. Searching along a route also helps lots.