Finding & deleting a double log

BKip

Reviewing my STATISTICS page, I just noted the statement, "...found 4507 caches (4506 distinct)..."

This indicates to me that somewhere along the line that I double logged a cache.

Is there a way to query the data to find and delete the stray log?

If you get the program GSAK it can find it for you. You'll need to run a few PQs of just your found caches so it can sort through them all for you. Looks like it will use up your 5 PQs for a day to do it.

Or just run a myfinds pq, which will grab all of them, and doesn't even count against your daily pq limit.

If you get the program GSAK it can find it for you. You'll need to run a few PQs of just your found caches so it can sort through them all for you. Looks like it will use up your 5 PQs for a day to do it.

Or just run a myfinds pq, which will grab all of them, and doesn't even count against your daily pq limit.

+1

Yes... that is the way to get a query of your finds.

There is. You're a premium member, you can go to your pocket query page and get the "my finds" pocket query (button at the bottom of the page). Then download GSAK, the Geocaching Swiss Army Knife, and load your pocket query into GSAK. Then go into the filters menu and select all the caches that have more than 1 find. That'll be it.

That's the quick and dirty instructions, but if you do a forum search here or at gsak.net I'm sure you'll get a more detailed walkthrough.

As suggested, using GSAK, I found and deleted the stray log. GC.com hasn't reflected the change yet but I feel it's good-to-go and the numbers should match up. Out of curiosity, I checked out some profiles on the Worldwide Index and found that there are plenty of folks with double logging goofs.

Ah, I can rest easy now... thanks again.

Out of curiosity, I checked out some profiles on the Worldwide Index and found that there are plenty of folks with double logging goofs.

They aren't all mistakes. In some areas it is accepted practice to log multiple "attended" logs on an event, for example. And I think with the old traveling caches and locationless caches it was acceptable to log them more than once.

They aren't all mistakes. In some areas it is accepted practice to log multiple "attended" logs on an event, for example. And I think with the old traveling caches and locationless caches it was acceptable to log them more than once.

Also some challenge caches allow you to find them multiple times if you meet the challenge requirements multiple times.