One Time Caches

I am currently working on a project that would benefit greatly from a one time cache. In particular I am hoping for a "kick-off" of sorts to support my own story/adventure for the person that chooses to do so. Due to the respectability of the general geocaching community, as well as a wide base for potential exposure, I was considering the use of this OTC (One Time Cache). Once it is logged, it could be removed from the map.

I am interested in what others think in consideration of this. There is more than one application for this. I am sure with time, many could find a use for this. Any feedback is appreciated!

-Kevin

Once it is logged, it could be removed from the map.

Kevin, not sure what it is you are trying to accomplish. This statement in particular caught my eye, as it suggests a possible guideline violation regarding permanence:

"Geocache Permanence: Geocaches are placed for the long term. Geocachers will expect your cache to remain in place for a realistic and extended period of time. Therefore, caches that have the goal to move ("traveling caches"), or temporary caches (caches hidden for less than 3 months or for events) will not be published."

Baaaaaaaad idea!

A local person hid a cache just before Christmas one year as a "gift" to his daughter. It was in a totally inaccessible area, available only to those who lived there. I knew a secret way in (thanks to a friend who lives almost next door), and was able to head out to check out the cache.

After several emails, I was able to confirm that 1) it was a one-time hide, 2) it was only for his daughter, and 3) after she found it, she kept it of course and therefore there was no longer a cache.

BAD idea. Don't list these types of caches on the website! You can give a friend the coords to find the cache on his/her own, but don't list the cache on GC.com unless it's available to everyone, and is intended to be a permanent cache.

Once it is logged, it could be removed from the map.

Kevin, not sure what it is you are trying to accomplish. This statement in particular caught my eye, as it suggests a possible guideline violation regarding permanence:

"Geocache Permanence: Geocaches are placed for the long term. Geocachers will expect your cache to remain in place for a realistic and extended period of time. Therefore, caches that have the goal to move ("traveling caches"), or temporary caches (caches hidden for less than 3 months or for events) will not be published."

Haha, well there goes that idea... Thanks for the feedback.