About how many times a week do you go geocaching?

marsik123

As geocaching is my incentive to get out of the house and get some exercise, I try to get out as many days as possible.

Geocaching injuries of course limit this. (43 year olds falling out of trees? We're _so_ not talking about that. Yeah, there was supposed to be a cache up there. It turned out to be on the ground and I practically stepped on it after picking myself up.)

Thus, how often varies according to the weather and what else I've got on, but I'm aiming for five days per week.

Personally I have to challenge myself to go for caches that require walking or cycling: "park and grab" is tempting especially as one of my friends quietly took up the obsession (er, hobby) and I'm trying to catch his numbers. :)

I work days and my husband works evenings so we have to wait for the weekends to go. We try and make the most of the weekend. I just hate it when it rains on the weekend and spoils our plans. Last weekend I had a quilt show, so we didn't get to go at all :( I'm hoping to make up for lost time this weekend. We only need 16 more to hit 500. I want to save #500 until we get to Disney in a week, so I think we will try and stay under 10 for the weekend.

I'm still a beginner. Once or twice a week, usually. Because of my job (chef), my free time is rather limited. I wish I could go cashing more often. Also, now in the darker time of the year (were we don't have as many guests in the restaurant as in summer), I get more early shifts, but considering neither me nor my girlfriend like night caching, that doesn't really help at all as it's mostly already dark outside even at 5 pm. Still, I deeply enjoy any moment of caching and try to spend as much free time as possible doing so. It's an addiction.

Also almost 50 caches since oct. 10th (when we find our first) aren't too bad :D

Edited by Kochibu

I am going for a personal goal of 1 solid year of at least 1 cache a day. (of course I pick a 366 day leap year) On day 214 right now. This is the time of year it is getting more difficult. there are plenty of caches thanks to an overzealous cache hider in the area, but 12-16 days at work, less than 8 hours or sunlight (which I am at work) and the typical South Dakota winter is making this more of a challenge right now. Had our first snow - just enough to make me nervous, but now I think I'm up to the challenge if work and health cooperates. April 22nd can't come soon enough.

I'm still a beginner. Once or twice a week, usually. Because of my job (chef), my free time is rather limited. I wish I could go cashing more often. Also, now in the darker time of the year (were we don't have as many guests in the restaurant as in summer), I get more early shifts, but considering neither me nor my girlfriend like night caching, that doesn't really help at all as it's mostly already dark outside even at 5 pm. Still, I deeply enjoy any moment of caching and try to spend as much free time as possible doing so. It's an addiction.

Also almost 50 caches since oct. 10th (when we find our first) aren't too bad :D

When i was five i wanted to be chef but now i want to be a doctor/medical scientist!