Windows Phone 7 v2.3 Release

We are aware of some issues with the trial version. We are determining how best to move forward, and apologize with the ongoing problem.

so its a known problem, or am i the only one?

Some users are experiencing issues with the trial version of the app.

so what you are saying is, that the full version is proper and will not have this error?

because i wont buy an app, which isnt working...

Hi All ~ I spoke with the Engineering team and we have determined the problem came from a disconnect with our API and the trial version of the App. Cleaning it up isn't a big deal, but while we are at it we intend to improve the trial version dramatically. It will now function just as the full version does, but limit the amount of cache details you can view to 3 a day. The cost in time and effort to update the trial version is not much more than it would be for fixing the bug, so we decided to roll everything out at once. The next release of the WP7 Geocaching app will include the much improved trial version, we are aiming to have it done within about a month. Thanks for your patience.

Overall, great app, but just figured I'd make sure the bugs I'm running into are being worked on. I think I saw them posted above, but here's confirming that they're not individual.

- Setting default map type to street rather than satellite doesn't persist.

- When saving Pocket Searches:

- Though I unchecked 'save images' images were saved anyway.

- Saved maps are blank. Just black, other than the little blue 'cache here' marker.

The map saving seems OK for saved quick searches though.

Are there any plans of making saved maps interactive? The scale of the picture is good, but having the GPS dot show up would at least be nice, even if you don't save some zoom data.

As a side note, why is there no forum for the Windows 7 app, when there are for iPhone and Android? :)

Thanks!

Edited by McMuttons

I'm using V2.3 (German Version) on an HTC WP7 Trophy with WP 7.5 now (but there's no difference compared to WP 7.0)

- Storing caches for offline use is almost unuseable.

I recently stored a 500 caches gpx file in addition to an existing list but could not retreive any of the stored caches when I arrived at the area of interest.

(The list showed the correct number of caches stored!)

- Storing caches in new list does not work most of the time

- Storing caches in a existing list works only sometimes

- Only the offline caches on the screen can be sorted.

- Stored caches sometimes have no stored maps

- Stored Maps are only static

- The compass is a bad joke

- Terrain rating is not or not visible correctly with caches with more than difficulty of 1 star (German Version)

- It's not possible to enter waypoints when you are offline (Adding Waypoints on the Live Map works)

That means the App is unuseable for Multi-Cache or Mystery

- Closing the App accidently ist too easy

- No line breaks possible in logging text field

Geocaching should be fun - especially during holidays in a different country or in mountain areas without the possibility to go online!

The Windows 6.5 App GCzII from NICQUE Freeware ist working much better and has many more interesting features. Did you have a look at it?

I have tried to use the WP7 App now for several weeks but must say that in my opinion it is not worth the money - but I'm still hopeing that the next release will fix the bugs and improves the offline usability.

Manfred, OE7AAI

BTW: What about a Topic for the Windows Phone App?

It seems I am by far more reluctant than the others here, but anyway :)

I am using the German version. I understand that there are quite a few bugs and things that make using the app not very comfortable sometimes.

BUT: The main issue for me is that it is not possible to add waypoints when running the German version! I have to switch the phone to English if I need waypoints. That is very annoying. I could live with an English version of the app, but do not want to set my phone to English.

Are there any plans to solve this issue? If not, could you at least an option that allows running the app in English without switching the phone to English? From the German ratings, I would say that is the most important problem of the German version...