Pocket Query Filters

DustyJacket

I couldn't find this on earlier topics, unless the "Cache Attributes" qualifies, so here goes:

I would like to have more choices in Pocket Queries, whether you call them attributes or filters.

Specifically, I'd like to be able to get a list of micro-caches, just like today you can choose virtual caches, traditional, APE Project (that's another subject - how did those become an official type?), and so on.

Perhaps adding attributes and having owners of caches go back and fill them out on their existing caches (like the above mentioned topic said), like wheelchair accessible, suitale for children/dogs/limited mobility (i.e. some of us who are starting to creak), micros, night caches, and so on.

Lord only know when to stop adding more attributes, though. It might be a big can of worms.

Maybe just adding a 40 character text field you can then use in a pocket query. Who knows.

I now realize this could turn into an impossible task, but I'd still like to be able to get a list of just micros.

(Sorry for the diarhea of the mouth.)

DustyJacket

Not all those that wander are lost. But in my case... icon_biggrin.gif

That's what Watcher is for.

It's perfect for filtering caches about 100 different ways, and I'm sure once the attributes get added to the PQs, Watcher will be even more useful.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Heck. I like having ALL caches on my PDA.

So now that I know about watcher, I can create a small (too small) file for micros. [ There are less than 10 within 50 miles of my house, right now.]

DustyJacket

Not all those that wander are lost. But in my case... icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by DustyJacket:

Heck. I like having ALL caches on my PDA.

You mentioned Pocket PC in a post above . . .

I receive my PQs. I generate a GPX file of the area I am going to cache in. I upload all four (three states and the customed-created) GPX files to the Pocket PC.

I then use GPXView in the field to view the cache pages.

This works very well for me.

Fro.

Geocaching . . . hiking with a purpose