[last edit]

azog

quote:
Originally posted by Man In The Wild:

My best guess is it helps when somebody says something that starts a flame war, edits their original comment and says "it wasn't me!"

I think your talking about your cache logs. I don't know if it does it to your cache message body if you own a cache.

Anyways I would like to know why also. I have noticed if you edit your logs within a minute of posting them you don't get the editted message. I've even done it twice in a row(I'm a bad speller) and not been tagged with the editted message.

My two 1/2 cents.

xyxwave.gif

Preperation, the first law to survival.

39197_400.jpg

It does not edit the tag when you edit the cache page.

I think the intent was that if someone goes out and changes their log (say to a "found it" as opposed to "not found") that there would be some tracking mechanism. As the cache owner, I only receive the text via e-mail when someone logs the page, not when they edit their post.

I wouldn't want someone logging my cache as found in January with high praise and compliments and then in August they change the log to "This cache is lame and Markwell is a dufus." If that happens, I want to know when it happens.

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

Remember back in the day when we couldn't edit cache logs? The only way to do it was to delete your log and resubmit it, thus sending everyone watching another copy of your log, albeit slightly changed.

Choberiba used a line from an edited log as his sig line for a while... it was something about "That Choberiba is a real a-hole sometimes." Apparently the person knew he'd get a copy. They edited it out later.

Jamie