Consecutive Hide-a-Days

gsmX2

I set a goal to set a cache a day for 43 consecutive days....more accurately PUBLISH a cache a day for 43 consecutive days. I accomplished that goal and exceeded it by publishing #65 today. On the way home, I was ready to end the streak, pleased with the accomplishment. But as I drove by a local landmark, I realized there hasn't been a cache there for several years. So, I stopped, looked around and found a place to set one: H-a-D #66.

I NEVER thought it would be reasonable to set a goal of publishing a cache a day for 100 days...that would be too lofty a goal. But as I wrote up #65, I realized that I am ONLY 35 caches from the unattainable 100.

New goal has been established. :rolleyes:

Edited by gsmx2

I'd rather you set a goal of hiding one high quality cache every 43 days. I think arbitrary goals can force people into hiding caches for the sake of hiding caches.

I believe the best caches come when the muse strikes. When someone encounters a special place or dreams up an idea.

Most of the worst caches I've hidden where the ones when I thought "It's been X weeks since I hid a cache, it's about time to hide another".

Edited by briansnat

I am convinced that it is the diversity of the game that keeps the game going. For each of me who set caches that can be easily found, especially since I will tell you exactly where they are, there is someone like you setting a difficult and clever hide to challenge all who seek it. If all hides took 15 seconds to find, there are many who would become bored and quit the game. And if all caches required 15 minutes to find, others would become frustrated and quit. There is a place for both of us and our ilk in the game. Happy caching to all of us.

Just my opinion, but it seems to me that, in theory at least, a hide-a-day goal could cause someone to hide more caches then they can reasonably maintain, thus resulting in caches that will go downhill quickly. Not to mention the fact that it seems like it could be hard to try and get permission from (for example) 50-100 different land owners quickly. (I'm not talking about anyone specific, just thinking about potential pitfalls in the basic idea of a hide-a-day goal.)

Have to say I'm curious about the OP's hides since I saw at least some of the TOW micros have multiple favorites, so it sounds like those at least are not typical LPC type caches. ;) Don't expect to be anywhere near that area in the foreseeable future though.

Just food for thought, theres a local cacher near me with a couple hundred originally done micros near me. The caches are usually pretty cool, but they are never maintained. I would guess either the cacher doesn't care or they just have a number of caches that are unmanageable to them.

So in short do you have the time, money and resources to maintain that many caches?