Youtube geocaching videos

Sven.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Especially when given everything I've read. I followed the first thread which included a link to the CO's blog where he mocked and laughed at everyone and how he got them (that's all of YOU that he's talking about) riled up and then dipped out and watched the fighting commence. Then, he sent a letter saying he gives permission. So, sounds like he just wanted to start trouble and won...because....the result = Groundspeak censors one person. Hmmmm......justice?

Worse still he creates his blogpost (which was titled "publicity.html" btw) then gets lots of people annoyed and linking to it, THEN changes the content of that blogpost (6 times so far) so he gets a load of....publicity...*shrug*

Incidentally one topic was locked due to personal attacks on this person. I don't endorse this and that's not the point of this topic....Just pointing it out.

Ironically every one of the videos on my channel is a spoiler, all of them. The video he is moaning about ISN'T a spoiler....Why? Because in the original description he asked people not to photograph the container, "but photos of the bunker are fine" direct quote. I'm sure GS can check I'm not lying...

I have found this thread quite entertaining reading and my opinions have switched several times so I won't bore you with them here. However, the thing that struck me most while reading it was the very point that has been made by Sven in his last post. It seems bizarre that the video that caused all the trouble in the first place did no more to spoil the cache than was already on the cache page itself!

As for the spoilers, I had watched many of them before they ever came up in the forums and can honestly say that if I am ever caching in that area there is no way I would remember any of the caches from these videos. All it has done is given me more of an insight into some of the trickier finds which may help my strategy when looking for a difficult cache. IMHO that's a good thing. (I live in the UK and have friends in the area in question so it is entirely possible that I could come across one of these caches one day but I don't think these videos will help!)

Ironically every one of the videos on my channel is a spoiler, all of them. The video he is moaning about ISN'T a spoiler....Why? Because in the original description he asked people not to photograph the container, "but photos of the bunker are fine" direct quote. I'm sure GS can check I'm not lying...

I agree. Having watched the video, I did not see/hear the GC number nor the name of the city, etc in the video. It doesn't show your trek to the cache, only your descent into the place where the cache was located, which was obvious by the name of the cache if someone looked it up. You stated clearly that you wouldn't show the cache and didn't show the cache. Not sure why this particular video would be considered a spoiler. I can't comment on any of your other videos (which you clearly state are spoilers), as I haven't watched them. Well, I did watch the oops, I need to FTF my own caches one...very entertaining!

Personally, I don't think spoilers posted on other sites via other media is within Groundspeak's jurisdiction.

If someone sees something like this, then they were obviously looking for it.

In a way, it is a sort of honor to have one's cache showcased like that...I'll bet the mundane POS a mile over didn't get a video of it.

Were I the OP (and if I chose to reply at all), I would respectfully decline to remove my videos.

Anyone else have a problem with the first two lines? "Every video is a spoiler" vs "The video he is moaning about ISN'T a spoiler" - they don't jive.

Maybe it's just his way of writing, but his claims of permission have a similar 'flaw'. he always said he had permission for all the video's he "linked", not for all the video's he "posted".

Anyone else have a problem with the first two lines? "Every video is a spoiler" vs "The video he is moaning about ISN'T a spoiler" - they don't jive.

Maybe it's just his way of writing, but his claims of permission have a similar 'flaw'. he always said he had permission for all the video's he "linked", not for all the video's he "posted".

You caught that too, eh? :rolleyes:

his claims of permission have a similar 'flaw'.

english.jpg

You're either really bad at trolling. Or you're incapable of reading.

You're arguing semantics. Ok, they're all spoilers EXCEPT the bunker video. Sheesh.

edit: turns out some folks will report anything...Blondes are usually the butt of many jokes, perhaps you yanks don't understand british wit.

Edited by Sven&Cup

How is it that the bottom of your post window is different from everyone Else's? The Multi Reply and Reply show as links rather then the bar with button that includes the Report button. Yours is the only one i see like that. Anyone else seeing that or is it just me? If its just me it shows that way on all 8 PC i use at work and my PCs at home.

How is it that the bottom of your post window is different from everyone Else's? The Multi Reply and Reply show as links rather then the bar with button that includes the Report button. Yours is the only one i see like that. Anyone else seeing that or is it just me? If its just me it shows that way on all 8 PC i use at work and my PCs at home.

I also see that. Or rather, I don't see the Report button. Oddness.

MrsB

I also see that. Or rather, I don't see the Report button. Oddness.

MrsB

I agree, I noticed it a few pages back. Go look at the locked thread in the UK section, since the "Quote" & "Multiquote" buttons are gone, it's even more broken, it looks like the next post is part of their signature!

I suspect that they have some broken code in their own sig line that makes this happen.

In the meantime, since I can't report their post for calling someone "dumb as a box of blondes" I'm reporting this post. C'mon, now. Not knowing that the TOU don't allow insulting others (in this case, both the poster and all blondes that might be participating in the thread) means that you must be...

Unfamiliar with the Terms of Use. :anibad:

english.jpg

You're either really bad at trolling. Or you're dumb as a box of blondes. I don't want to be accused of turning this thread into insults but I can't see a nice way of putting it.

You're arguing semantics. Ok, they're all spoilers EXCEPT the bunker video. Sheesh.

4865.jpg

In the meantime, since I can't report their post for calling someone "dumb as a box of blondes" I'm reporting this post. C'mon, now. Not knowing that the TOU don't allow insulting others (in this case, both the poster and all blondes that might be participating in the thread) means that you must be...

Sheesh, I apologise to anyone that might have been offended. :rolleyes:

edit: no idea on why the forum is broken...

you could construct your own report url from this:

forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?app=core&module=reports&rcom=post&tid=XXXXX&pid=XXXXX&st=200

threadid and postid would have to replace the x's

Edited by Sven&Cup

english.jpg

You're either really bad at trolling. Or you're incapable of reading.

The full quote of that sentence is:

Maybe it's just his way of writing, but his claims of permission have a similar 'flaw'.

He is making allowances for the possibility that the way you have been stating your claims of permission could be due to the way you write.

And he is not talking about which of your videos are spoilers or not. He's talking about the fact that "I have permission for all the videos linked" is not the same thing as "I have permission to post all the videos posted in my channel".

You seem to want to be antagonistic and appear to enjoy calling people names. But either what you wrote just happened to be a product of your particular way of writing and there was no deceit intended or you were being deliberately coy/evasive with your answers.

Getting back on topic:

I've stated previously there is a facility on youtube to block the UK audience from my channel. Nobody in the UK could then view any of the videos therefore nothing to get spoilt to anyone within 500 miles of the caches* - this, coupled with getting permission. Perfect solution?

-nothing is revealed in the video to say where the cache is anyway so nobody could find it.

-even if they do find it they're 500 miles away.

-anyone finding the video is looking for that kind of thing, more fool them.

-got permission from the cache owner anyway

Thoughts?

*(based on me being in the East Midlands a very ROUGH figure before anyone gets out a calculator)

Getting back on topic:

I've stated previously there is a facility on youtube to block the UK audience from my channel. Nobody in the UK could then view any of the videos therefore nothing to get spoilt to anyone within 500 miles of the caches* - this, coupled with getting permission. Perfect solution?

-nothing is revealed in the video to say where the cache is anyway so nobody could find it.

-even if they do find it they're 500 miles away.

-anyone finding the video is looking for that kind of thing, more fool them.

-got permission from the cache owner anyway

Thoughts?

*(based on me being in the East Midlands a very ROUGH figure before anyone gets out a calculator)

The perfect solution would have been to keep your mouth shut, remove your caching name from your youtube account. Ignored any email from GS since they would have a hard time proving that was your page. And then move on with your life with out this useless drama.

Ok I concede.

Some people are allegedly upset with videos like mine. I really enjoy making them and sharing them, with 30+ subscribers a day and 6,000 views per day in two months: a lot of people clearly enjoy watching them.

I was trying to meet in the middle, keep everyone happy.

Seems nobody wants a productive conversation in this thread so sure mods go ahead and lock it.

I'm trying to have a productive ontopic discussion. I care, if you don't then please stop constantly trying to drag the tone down. Thanks.

My guess is this thread has become too much about Sven&Cup. Perhaps you will come up with a solution that is acceptable to the cache owner(s) and Groundspeak, but I doubt you'll get it from anyone still participating here.

I plan to start a new thread once this fades away to discuss specifically the issues I have with the TOU section 4(m). I have concerns over just what information I can publish about a cache without needing the owner's consent and what is considered a solution, hint, spoiler, or any hidden coordinates; and then I want to understand why Groundspeak feels it is in their interest or in the interest of geocaching to control what is posted on third party sites. What gives caches owners an expectation that there won't be spoilers, while screenwrites, authors, and video game developers accept that there will be spoilers for their works published on the internet?

I do not like the idea of blocking the channel to UK residents. I have not yet viewed the spoiler channel but have viewed some of the US ones and like a resource to interesting and novel caches. It would be a shame that's all.

Sven, I can see other peoples point of view on the semantics as it does appear you are being typically Sir Humphrey with it :rolleyes:

Still the point in question, what does the community think is reasonable when posting spoilers (clearly labelled as such)on the interwebs?

I suspect that they have some broken code in their own sig line that makes this happen.

Notice the URL for the Multi-Quote link when you mouse over, or click it? It 404s if you click, but the URL should show in the address bar.

Interesting.

Edited by Mr. 0

Notice the URL for the Multi-Quote link when you mouse over, or click it? It 404s if you click, but the URL should show in the address bar.

Interesting.

Ahh I'm a retard. I put speech marks in my url sig code

(url="www.something.com")click this(/url)

removed now should fix it?

Edit: urgh still happening, sig completely removed. *shrug* hope there's no nasty injection stuff nefarious folks could do....I'm not going to try....but the powers that be might wanna check!

Edited by Sven&Cup

Interesting.

Ahh I'm a retard. I put speech marks in my url sig code

(url="www.something.com")click this(/url)

removed now should fix it?

Edit: urgh still happening, sig completely removed. *shrug* hope there's no nasty injection stuff nefarious folks could do....I'm not going to try....but the powers that be might wanna check!

Log out and log back in. If sig is removed it should then fix it.

Sheesh, I apologise to anyone that might have been offended. :rolleyes:
Yeah, that sounds sincere. :rolleyes:

See how I used the "rolleyes" smiley? It means I didn't really mean it. Combine your use of it with starting your "apology" off with "Sheesh" makes it look like you're sorry you got reported, not that you called someone dumb and categorized all blondes as such.

...Especially after this added to your edited post:

edit: turns out some folks will report anything...Blondes are usually the butt of many jokes, perhaps you yanks don't understand british wit.
Making it a smaller font doesn't make it any less offensive.

Not surprised at all why it seems you don't get why someone is upset you've posted spoilers to their caches. <_<

I see that Sven has now had his account locked. I'm amazed. I've watched most of his videos and they showcase the best of what geocaches have to offer. There are 100,000 caches in the UK, and Sven has been highlighting just a few of the best. This leaves 999,922 unspoilt caches. Nothing has been spoilt for me as I've no idea what caches he's featured, but I've got some great ideas and want to up my game and plant some really inventive caches myself.

On youtube there are hundreds of videos which really spoil caches, they have the cache code and show caches in a way which simply gives the game away, without showing how a viewer could do something similar themselves. The difference is that they don't have a username containing the word "spoilers".

Sven may have spoilt a few caches for a tiny number of people who happen to watch his videos *and* find one of the caches he's featured - a 1,000 to 1 shot in the uk. But in return he's upped people's game, set some amazing caches himself, and inspired loads of people to get out there looking for, and creating amazing caches.

For this, he got banned. Really?

The thread was closed on the original discussion so why try to light the fire again in a new thread?

Really. Then I better skip the rest of the thread so I can post my opinion* before this gets locked.

For whatever reason Groundspeak has decided to give in to some noisy cache owners, mostly from Europe, who continue to flood the feedback site with request to stop people from posting spoilers. This resulted in the TOU section that has been quoted, and now in Geocaching.com having their customer service representative sending "requests" to people who post spoilers on other websites asking them to stop.

Groundspeak needs to learn something about the Internet. They do not own it. People use various website and tools to share information. Groundspeak can remove spoilers from their sites, but trying to control what someone puts on Facebook or YouTube seem to exceed not only their capabilities but also any sensibility of what their responsibility is.

I realize that sometimes people use the Internet to do things that may be against the law in one country or another. But I think it's best to let law enforcement handle this. I've nothing against reporting something to law enforcement if you think it's against the law. But as far as I know there is no law against posting spoilers to geocaches.

Perhaps one can make an arguement that the spoilers violate the copyrights of the cache owner. In that case the cache owners ought to be the ones sending letters asking for the spoilers to be taken down. I don't see where anyone has appointed Groundspeak their agent to protect copyrights. Groundspeak may feel however that those who asked in the feedback for forum for Groundspeak to do something have, by doing so, appointed Groundspeak as an agent to protect their copyright. To me this seems a far fetch argument. I suppose the recording industry appreciates it when someone surfs the web looking for pirated music to report to the recording companies. But it's still the recording companies that go after the pirates.

To the cache owners whose caches are being spoiled. I really have little sympathy. I own some difficult puzzles myself. If someone finds my cache using a "cheat" site, or getting the coordinates from a friend , or brute forcing the puzzle, then good for them. The puzzles are there for those that enjoy solving puzzles and so long as the spoilers are easily avoided, I expect these people will continue to enjoy my puzzles. The others will have gotten another cache to find and since they don't enjoy puzzles, I can't see why I should force them to do a puzzle. That doesn't sound like fun to me.

*That's for knowschad.

I agree with you completely.

How can spoiler videos violate the copyright of the cache owners? What copyright? In a public place?

It sad, and all too common, but when the little guy comes up against big organisations, he usually gets his @ss kicked, and it looks like this is what has happened here.

I see that Sven has now had his account locked. I'm amazed. I've watched most of his videos and they showcase the best of what geocaches have to offer. There are 100,000 caches in the UK, and Sven has been highlighting just a few of the best. This leaves 999,922 unspoilt caches. Nothing has been spoilt for me as I've no idea what caches he's featured, but I've got some great ideas and want to up my game and plant some really inventive caches myself.

On youtube there are hundreds of videos which really spoil caches, they have the cache code and show caches in a way which simply gives the game away, without showing how a viewer could do something similar themselves. The difference is that they don't have a username containing the word "spoilers".

Sven may have spoilt a few caches for a tiny number of people who happen to watch his videos *and* find one of the caches he's featured - a 1,000 to 1 shot in the uk. But in return he's upped people's game, set some amazing caches himself, and inspired loads of people to get out there looking for, and creating amazing caches.

I can only guess, but I suspect it was for attitude, not action.

I was going to point out that Sven was recently featured in the Groundspeak blog in a article on vloggers (video bloggers) who have posted geocaching related videos. (link However I just looked and geocachespoilers has been edited out of the article, which I will now quote in in full to point out that the article says it will introduce three popular English language vloggers and then only talks about two.

[Editor's Note: Make sure to obtain cache owner permission when featuring a specific cache and spoilers. Include a spoiler warning if a spoiler is absolutely necessary.]

Geocaching video blogs (vlogs), as well as YouTube-based video series, have become hugely popular in the geocaching community. The Geocaching.com YouTube channel receives thousands of viewers each day and the Geocaching.com videos have been viewed nearly three million times so far. Vlogs and other videos created by the community showcase the diversity, creativity and intelligence found in the geocaching world.

Vlogging has become an exciting way to share geocaching experiences. We now invite you to enjoy Part II of the “Geocaching Vlogs and Online Videos” blog post. This post introduces you to three popular English-language geocaching vlogs and their vloggers. Part I, which featured geocaching vlogs from around the world, can be found here.

Vlogger Joshua Johnson

Mayberryman, or Joshua Johnson, is an American geocaching vlogger out of Minnesota, USA. With more than 40,000 views on his site, Joshua is capturing the attention of geocachers and non-geocachers around the world. According to the vlogger, “the beauty of online video is that it is global, so I think it is fun for people to see geocaching in different places of the world.”

Joshua spends much of his free time recording his caching adventures and posting them on his vlog for all to see. He says his vlog has enabled him to “connect with cachers all over the world through this medium. An example of this is a video collaboration video where a cacher named Captain Hardy from Norway shot a video of him sending the Travel Bug my way.”

Joshua says one of the goals of his is videos, “is to make the viewer feel like they are caching along with us.” Joshua also hopes to use his vlog to “share with the world the incredible hobby/sport that is geocaching… to introduce others to the hobby through the videos.”

Vlogger Headhardhat

Headhardhat, or Andrew Smith, another popular English language vlogger. Andrew has posted videos on YouTube for years. He has more than 60 videos online and has had more than 370,000 hits to his YouTube site. He sees his vlog as a “teaching tool to educate geocachers from all levels of expertise.” Andrew has found that creating a vlog has been beneficial to his personal geocaching experiences as well as the community’s.

He says, “I have heard everything from thanks for planting the seed to go out geocaching, to making things smoother for others as they ventured out, to saving several marriages and bringing families together.” Andrew’s vlog has connected him to people all over the world. According to the vlogger, these connections make geocaching “that much more fun because I get to share my experiences with others.”

Joshua and Andrew all showcase geocaching in the English language. They are among a more and more geocachers flipping on the video camera and sharing their adventures, tips and geocaching tricks online.

You can start sharing your experiences right now. Share your videos, pics and geocaching expertise (or geocaching questions) on the Geocaching.com Facebook page.

I suspect the regime will be editing the blog post to say two and they may even decide to delete this post. Perhaps I will be the next to be banned. Though I don't anticipate posting spoilers I will defend the right of geocachers to share their experiences with one another.

I realize that I am in a minority, at least among the forum regulars. Most have the attitude that spoilers - even on another site that can easily be avoided - spoil the fun. Even more are of the attitude that Groundspeak is a private company and make any TOUs for their website they want. It may be that legally they can ban a geocacher because he shared his geocaching experiences on another site with geocachers who voluntarily looked to see what was on that site despite a warning that there might be spoilers. IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, this is ludicrous. I like to talk with my friends about geocaching and share my experiences. I don't want have live under the shadow that someday my account will say banned because some cache owner felt something I said or wrote was a spoiler. I also don't want to have to track down every cache owner of a cache I found and get permission for everything I want to share with other cachers. But this rule is making me do just that. Get permission or stop talking to friends about geocaching.

I was going to point out that Sven was recently featured in the Groundspeak blog in a article on vloggers (video bloggers) who have posted geocaching related videos. (link However I just looked and geocachespoilers has been edited out of the article, which I will now quote in in full to point out that the article says it will introduce three popular English language vloggers and then only talks about two.

[Editor's Note: Make sure to obtain cache owner permission when featuring a specific cache and spoilers. Include a spoiler warning if a spoiler is absolutely necessary.]

Geocaching video blogs (vlogs), as well as YouTube-based video series, have become hugely popular in the geocaching community. The Geocaching.com YouTube channel receives thousands of viewers each day and the Geocaching.com videos have been viewed nearly three million times so far. Vlogs and other videos created by the community showcase the diversity, creativity and intelligence found in the geocaching world.

Vlogging has become an exciting way to share geocaching experiences. We now invite you to enjoy Part II of the "Geocaching Vlogs and Online Videos" blog post. This post introduces you to three popular English-language geocaching vlogs and their vloggers. Part I, which featured geocaching vlogs from around the world, can be found here.

Vlogger Joshua Johnson

Mayberryman, or Joshua Johnson, is an American geocaching vlogger out of Minnesota, USA. With more than 40,000 views on his site, Joshua is capturing the attention of geocachers and non-geocachers around the world. According to the vlogger, "the beauty of online video is that it is global, so I think it is fun for people to see geocaching in different places of the world."

Joshua spends much of his free time recording his caching adventures and posting them on his vlog for all to see. He says his vlog has enabled him to "connect with cachers all over the world through this medium. An example of this is a video collaboration video where a cacher named Captain Hardy from Norway shot a video of him sending the Travel Bug my way."

Joshua says one of the goals of his is videos, "is to make the viewer feel like they are caching along with us." Joshua also hopes to use his vlog to "share with the world the incredible hobby/sport that is geocaching… to introduce others to the hobby through the videos."

Vlogger Headhardhat

Headhardhat, or Andrew Smith, another popular English language vlogger. Andrew has posted videos on YouTube for years. He has more than 60 videos online and has had more than 370,000 hits to his YouTube site. He sees his vlog as a "teaching tool to educate geocachers from all levels of expertise." Andrew has found that creating a vlog has been beneficial to his personal geocaching experiences as well as the community's.

He says, "I have heard everything from thanks for planting the seed to go out geocaching, to making things smoother for others as they ventured out, to saving several marriages and bringing families together." Andrew's vlog has connected him to people all over the world. According to the vlogger, these connections make geocaching "that much more fun because I get to share my experiences with others."

Joshua and Andrew all showcase geocaching in the English language. They are among a more and more geocachers flipping on the video camera and sharing their adventures, tips and geocaching tricks online.

You can start sharing your experiences right now. Share your videos, pics and geocaching expertise (or geocaching questions) on the Geocaching.com Facebook page.

I suspect the regime will be editing the blog post to say two and they may even decide to delete this post. Perhaps I will be the next to be banned. Though I don't anticipate posting spoilers I will defend the right of geocachers to share their experiences with one another.

I realize that I am in a minority, at least among the forum regulars. Most have the attitude that spoilers - even on another site that can easily be avoided - spoil the fun. Even more are of the attitude that Groundspeak is a private company and make any TOUs for their website they want. It may be that legally they can ban a geocacher because he shared his geocaching experiences on another site with geocachers who voluntarily looked to see what was on that site despite a warning that there might be spoilers. IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, this is ludicrous. I like to talk with my friends about geocaching and share my experiences. I don't want have live under the shadow that someday my account will say banned because some cache owner felt something I said or wrote was a spoiler. I also don't want to have to track down every cache owner of a cache I found and get permission for everything I want to share with other cachers. But this rule is making me do just that. Get permission or stop talking to friends about geocaching.

I am hereby archiving your post by quoting it, in case they decide to delete yours. Nobody is rewriting history as long as I am here!! :mad:

Posting this here as all of a sudden I can't see the newer thread to which it is more relevant, I must be blind! [Edit just realised its on the UK forum, nothing suspicious going on here. Oops!]

The ironic thing is I would never have come across svens videos without GS kicking up a fuss and prompting threads like these. I am not in his area but if I came across a similar cache elsewhere I might feel less elated than finding it blind, but that would be my fault for being so curious. Every time I see 'spoiler alert' on anything I can't help myself (and then can't help kicking myself!).

There are some awesome ideas on there which I will file away for any hides I might make in the future. I am a newbie but love interesting hides and am lucky to live in an area where very few are run of the mill. All videos like this do is raise the level of the game, just like cachers who make creative hides, would I have got hooked if my first few finds were plastic pots under piles of sticks, I doubt it, I certainly wouldn't have got my husband into it. Now, there is no way I would place a cache unless I thought it lived up to our local standard, so want to see as many ideas as possible. Spoilers on the cache page are one thing and CO are well justified to delete as desired for the sake of future finders but unles sven is linking the videos to his logs whats the problem. I really hope TPTB have not put him off this great game of hide and seek, and hope that that would not have been their intention.

In my line of work I am often acting as the intemediary between two parties who have VERY different ideas of how things should be done. We do need rules/guidelines in most things in life, if we all had the same morals and common sense it wouldn't be a problem, just a very boring world to live in, but these rules/guidelines should always be questioned when warranted and those whose job it is to impose those rules should always listen and try not to take it as personal slight. Which seems to be a bit what has happened here (if not then some one should speak up and say exactly what the problem is, sven has repeatedly said on here and other forums that he has nothing to hide). It may be that he has an attitude that GS are not fond of but that should not affect they way the rules are applied to him versus others. A teacher singling out the uncharismatic kid in the class. Planning officers refusing applications from agents with an ego problem. Police offficers singling the odd family on the estate, all for no reason other than personal opinion, all these things would be frowned upon by most people including, I suspect GS employees. Until I see evidence saying otherwise this appears to be a similar case.

Edited by THE REAL BOUDICA

There are some awesome ideas on there which I will file away for any hides I might make in the future. I am a newbie but love interesting hides and am lucky to live in an area where very few are run of the mill.

Whereas I have an awful lot of film canisters in mine - and so really enjoyed the videos I've watched because they showed me that things could be a lot more creative.

It's a bit like that 100 page thread on here about creative containers (or whatever it's called). I guess that's full of spoilers as well - maybe it needs to be taken down? </sarcasm>

The vids were well presented and helped hook me in tbh. Without them I might have gotten bored of film canisters - strikes me they were an advert rather than anything sinister.

Awee early morning reading make me a shoe in for IBTL..

I have learned once the word Nazi or Hitler is used in a discussion its all down hill from there. One should just started flinging poopie head and nuh huh your a meanie.

Look its simple if you dont have the cache owners permission then take down the video. OR heres an idea start hiding and taping your own caches that way nobody gets their panties in a ruffle

Look its simple if you dont have the cache owners permission then take down the video. OR heres an idea start hiding and taping your own caches that way nobody gets their panties in a ruffle

I didn't look through all of them but the majority I saw are his own. He may have permission from the other CO's. There was one who objected and IIRC from reading the other forums he offered to remove it and was told it was ok.

He may have permission from the other CO's. There was one who objected

In fact, the OP insisted everyone gave their prior blessing to have their cache locations compromised. All you need is "one who objected" to know it was not true.

Edited by kunarion

I am not saying he did or didn't have permission. I don't know, I said 'may' for a reason. I am not trying to defend the OP, his actions or his attitude, I just think the measures taken against him have been harsh, IMHO, and I will continue to think so until something is published that proves the actions were fair. I have followed the saga through the GAGB website and even dipped into the east midlands website as well as on here so I can try and keep a balanced view.

I have read the thread thus far and have a real problem with the way this was handled. The act of spoiling a cache can't be the central issue, can it?

ac370fbe-5ae5-49e1-b16b-cb185b2805a1.jpg

After all the twists and turns regarding the TOU, I wonder if this would be a violation since it is actually using the tools of the GS website.

I can understand that a cacher might not want their cache featured on the channel, but that is a private issue and should be settled between them. I feel that perhaps we aren't really being clear on what we want from Sven&Cup. As mentioned, there are a ton of actual spoilers (posted outside of GC.com) that clearly post GC codes and locations, where they do not. It is also clear that even on Groundspeak's own website there are an abundance of spoilers available to those that want to find them (the CCC thread and the above condition from the pic which exists on every cache page). Perhaps it was just a firm spanking for the sake of defiance. That won't engender me to a warm fuzzy feeling anytime soon.

that is a private issue and should be settled between them.

The problem is people who think it's fine to show the whole world where my Geocache is, and then when I balk, "settle it in private" by then telling me "GS says Spoilers happen!"

What am I supposed to do in that situation, as a CO who's cache was spoiled for profit by someone who has no integrity (supported by others just like him)? I'll have to at least simply kow to his awesome spoiling ability, and give "permission" after the fact. And wait for the cache to eventually be stolen. A nice cache that would have been in the game for years if some people could just keep their mouth shut.

Can someone please go to the "Why are my caches being muggled?" threads and explain to them how great this whole idea is?

Edited by kunarion