Geocaching.com is looking for an experienced mountain biker for a video shoot on September 12th!

reidsomething

Hello Northwest Geocachers who also mountain bike! Geocaching.com is in search of someone to be our mountain-biking "actor" for a video shoot about extreme geocaching. If you or someone you know may be interested, please read on:

Here's an example of the feel we're going for (though with a slightly smaller budget):

REQUIREMENTS:

-18-30 years of age

-can commit to 3 hours on Sept. 5th (no later than 4pm)

-has own mountain bike

-familiar with a local trail (within an hour of downtown Seattle)

-able to do a few flashy tricks: jump, skid, hop, etc.

-able to repeat said tricks for different camera takes/angles

TO APPLY - send me the following info:

-photo & brief personal bio including your mountain biking experience

-List of tricks you excel in

-List 1-3 mountain biking trails that you'd feel comfortable doing your thing at

Thanks!

Edited by reidsomething

Well, I'll hold off on the well done and give you a BIG FAIL.

What's this?

BadVideo.png

From the cache placement guideline ...

A cache may be disabled or archived if (list is not exhaustive) one or more of the following is true....

Cache defaces or destroys property (public or private) either in the hiding of or searching for the cache.

Seems to me that scrawling the coordinates on a trail board walk or bridge would qualify as defacing. But then since it is frog sanctioned I guess it is okay.

But I saw this on the video from HQ, why can't I write on the structures in the park with my magic marker?

Edit:got the capture

Edited by jholly

Well, I'll hold off on the well done and give you a BIG FAIL.

What's this?

BadVideo.png

From the cache placement guideline ...

A cache may be disabled or archived if (list is not exhaustive) one or more of the following is true....

Cache defaces or destroys property (public or private) either in the hiding of or searching for the cache.

Seems to me that scrawling the coordinates on a trail board walk or bridge would qualify as defacing. But then since it is frog sanctioned I guess it is okay.

But I saw this on the video from HQ, why can't I write on the structures in the park with my magic marker?

Edit:got the capture

Hello Jholly,

Thank you for bringing this to Groundspeaks attention. We are currently working with the Pr Department to ensure that featured caches adhere to guidelines in the future. Please feel free to email contact@geocaching.com with any further questions.