travelling to Italy in Sept

zoeseadog

Hello geocachers living in or travelling to Italy!

we are coming to Italy in Sept & wish to have an event with some locals & visitors to the Cinque Terre area. Chat, trade travel bugs, have a glass of wine, etc

Can you suggest a good place for a meet up? We are staying in Monterosso al Mare.

Hi,

there's an event near Genoa on 17-18 September, with many new caches and people from all over the world.

Thanks Mclarizia,

I will check it out online,but by that date we will already be in the Cinque Terre.

would love to place some caches on our holidayss in Italy but need a maintainer to watch them for us

any suggestions?

Hi,

there's an event near Genoa on 17-18 September, with many new caches and people from all over the world.

Thanks Mclarizia,

I will check it out online,but by that date we will already be in the Cinque Terre.

would love to place some caches on our holidayss in Italy but need a maintainer to watch them for us

any suggestions?

Cinque Terre's not far from the place where the event's going to take place: Arenzano, just West of Genoa.

I live in Rome, so if you want to hide a cache here, I can take care of maintenance. I'm originally from near the Amalfi Coast, and have a couple of caches in my hometown, and maintain one on the Coast.

If you find a nice place and want to hide a cache there, anyway, ask the owners of nearby caches: I'm sure they'll be happy to take care of the maintenance.

Enjoy your stay in Italy!

Hi,

Thanks Mclarizia,

any suggestions?

Cinque Terre's not far from the place where the event's going to take place: Arenzano, just West of Genoa.

I live in Rome, so if you want to hide a cache here, I can take care of maintenance. I'm originally from near the Amalfi Coast, and have a couple of caches in my hometown, and maintain one on the Coast.

If you find a nice place and want to hide a cache there, anyway, ask the owners of nearby caches: I'm sure they'll be happy to take care of the maintenance.

Enjoy your stay in Italy!

We'll be in Italy in September, too! And in Cinque Terre September 14-17. so will miss the nearby event. Any tips on geocaching internationally? I use my iPhone in the US, but don't want to pay exorbitant data charges using it in Italy.

We'll be in Italy in September, too! And in Cinque Terre September 14-17. so will miss the nearby event. Any tips on geocaching internationally? I use my iPhone in the US, but don't want to pay exorbitant data charges using it in Italy.

You'll be better off making a query of the caches in the places you're going to visit and uploading it to your GPS. There are not so many caches in Italy, so you should be able to accomplish that with a single query, or just a few of them.

If you want to use your Iphone, you can buy an Italian SIM card for as little as 5 euros, and then an option for internet access for 9 euros per month; that's what I have with my carrier, Wind.

You'll be better off making a query of the caches in the places you're going to visit and uploading it to your GPS. There are not so many caches in Italy, so you should be able to accomplish that with a single query, or just a few of them.

If you want to use your Iphone, you can buy an Italian SIM card for as little as 5 euros, and then an option for internet access for 9 euros per month; that's what I have with my carrier, Wind.

I have noticed there are no many caches in Italy. I am planning a trip in the summer of 2012 for 6 to 8 weeks to visit some cousins I have not seen for 37 years. Io studenti di Italiano. Io parlo poco Italiano.