oregon 450 problem

shewzo08

I have recently updated the software version on my Oregon 450 (mainly because it kept crashing when i tried to start to play any Wherigos).

However since the update, i can no longer see any geocache symbols on the map page, apart from the geocache that i am navigating to. Therefore i cannot see what other geocaches are in the area on the map page. Not very handy for paperless caching.

The Software version is 4.80, GPS version is 5.00.

Can anyone help?

Other than Re-check your preferences on the unit.

Some updates will overwrite/change your already set preferences, so they need to be reset.

One great tip I read is to create an "UPDATE" profile. Since updates tend to whack only the active profile, simply switch to your UPDATE profile before applying the update, and it will then reset only that UPDATE profile to default values. After the update, switch back to whatever profiles you normally use and they should be unchanged.

From your profile you appear to be UK based, are you using the OS Discoverer (1:50000) maps on the Oregon. In the UK section of the forums quite a few people are having issues with the 4.80 update with the OS Discoverer maps and cache icons.

There are only two possible solutions

1) Revert back down to the 4.50 firmware

2) -- this is not a good one at all -- don't the OS maps.

I had the same problem with mine and called Garmin UK techline, spent just under an hour with the techie on the phone trying all he (and the other techies he was conversing with) suggested, the problem persisted, If you disable the discoverer map, lo and behold, the icons appear, if you enable the discoverer map, they disappear, he asked me to return my Oregon550T, so I posted it back on Friday, guaranteed arrival at Garmin on Tuesday, I shall await results with interest.

Methinks they could have fixed this quickly with another software update !

Madproforg - yes i am UK based using OS discoverer maps. I thought it was something to do with the update version 4.80. I have emailed Garmin to request that they send me a file to revert back to version 4.50

Sam.T - can you keep me updated in relation to your issue and let me know the results?

Cheers for all the help guys

Madproforg - yes i am UK based using OS discoverer maps. I thought it was something to do with the update version 4.80. I have emailed Garmin to request that they send me a file to revert back to version 4.50

They will probably just refer you to a 3rd party site. They don't seem to be willing to provide previous builds.

Click on 4.50 here http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/Versions+x50 and then drag and drop the *.gcd file onto your Garmin Webupdater program. It will take it from there.

They will probably just refer you to a 3rd party site. They don't seem to be willing to provide previous builds.

Click on 4.50 here http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/Versions+x50 and then drag and drop the *.gcd file onto your Garmin Webupdater program. It will take it from there.

Hold the front page, there is now a version 5.00 and all should be well again. See UK Forum for details.