Pocket Queries

rldill

quote:
Originally posted by rldill:

What is going on with the Pocket Queries, I have not received any in over a week. Is any 1 else getting them?

Your mail is being bounced because its too large:

Mar 28 08:29:21 signal postfix/qmgr[27184]: 47A83132CC7: from=<contact@>, size=4569914, nrcpt=1 (queue active)Mar 28 08:29:29 signal postfix/smtp[23128]: 47A83132CC7: to=<>, relay=<>, delay=14, status=bounced (host said:        554 delivery error: Sorry your message cannot be delivered because it is too large.)

A 4MB email is really large. Have you tried the zip option? That might make it small enough to allow delivery.

frog.gif Elias

There needs to be a way to run a pocket quiery right then instead of waiting for them in the e-mial.

Sometimes I'm fixing to head out to an area kinda far away so I don't have the caches listed in the quieries I have made. I'd like to be able to just choose my area an run a quiery right then and there to just pop into my GPSr and hit the trails!

quote:
Originally posted by CWL:

There needs to be a way to run a pocket quiery right then instead of waiting for them in the e-mial.

Sometimes I'm fixing to head out to an area kinda far away so I don't have the caches listed in the quieries I have made. I'd like to be able to just choose my area an run a quiery right then and there to just pop into my GPSr and hit the trails!

I agree

icon_mad.gifFormer EarthNOlink user!!!!!!!!! icon_mad.gif

icon_biggrin.gifTake a chance or you'll never know. Let your spirits soar! icon_wink.gif

I keep one query that never runs, and when I want an "instant query" for whatever reason, I just edit it as needed, and only enable that one day. I almost always receive the email within 10 minutes.

Yes, I know I can delete queries now, and create new ones, but I'm a creature of habit, and I like my low-numbered queries. Maybe its the low numbers that make them run so quickly and reliably icon_biggrin.gif

Lil Devil lildevil.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Elias:
A 4MB email is really large. Have you tried the zip option? That might make it small enough to allow delivery.

While that is certainly true, it then seems kinda pointless to allow queries totalling 500 caches.

Surely, if they can be generated and attached to an email, there could be some sort of 'download now' mechanism offered as well.

-=BottomFeeder=-

quote:
Originally posted by Elias:

QUOTE]Your mail is being bounced because its too large:

Mar 28 08:29:21 signal postfix/qmgr[27184]: 47A83132CC7: from=<contact@>, size=4569914, nrcpt=1 (queue active)Mar 28 08:29:29 signal postfix/smtp[23128]: 47A83132CC7: to=<>, relay=<>, delay=14, status=bounced (host said:        554 delivery error: Sorry your message cannot be delivered because it is too large.)

frog.gif Elias

I tried zip and got it.

Thanks

Roger

icon_biggrin.gifTake a chance or you'll never know. Let your spirits soar! icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by BottomFeeder:

While that is certainly true, it then seems kinda pointless to allow queries totalling 500 caches.

Methinks you are not a Watcher user yet, eh? icon_wink.gif

There are ***PLENTY*** of reasons to allow queries totalling 500 caches, and a large number of them are already part of Watcher. icon_biggrin.gif

[[[ ClayJar Networks ]]]

Home of Watcher downloads, Official Geocaching Chat, and the Geocache Rating System

As listed on ClayJar's site: Watcher is a GPX utility available at no charge (although tips are always appreciated) to paying members of Geocaching.com. It is our way of saying "thank you" to all those who support the site from which we have found countless hours of enjoyment. Get it here

Watcher really is wonderful for state wide pocket queries. It will take the data and and then let you decide how to arrange it for your own personal viewing pleasure. Go get. And send a tip.

She said, "Give up caching, or don't come home." Dang I am gonna miss her!

psublue.gif ///

1008879416.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Baloo&bd:

OK, I'll bite....What is watcher?

There's a little "Feature Presentation" of several screenshots at the Watcher download site, but it's hard to convey in a few screenshots what Watcher can do, since it's quite flexible.

quote:
Originally posted by srumrill:

Is there any sort of Watcher or Spinner type applications for us Mac users?

Unfortunately, I don't know of any. (To port Watcher to the Mac would require a complete rewrite, and I have neither the time nor the hardware to do that... well, and no Mac development experience either.) As for Spinner... it's certainly a lot more portable, but that's all I know.

[[[ ClayJar Networks ]]]

Home of Watcher downloads, Official Geocaching Chat, and the Geocache Rating System