GPX with all logs / GSAK own cache stats

Aspelin

Hi

I am using GSAK and the findstatgen macro for generating stats. With this, it is also possible to generate statistics on your own caches, e.g. how often and by whom they were found. I assume, in order to get the statistic right, GSAK needs to know all the logs of those caches.

Unfortunatly, the only way I know to get many logs from a geocaching.com cache is to go to the listing and download a GPX, but than I only get the latest 20 logs.

Any ides how I can get all the logs into GSAK?

Thanks in advance & best regards,

Oliver

Hi

I am using GSAK and the findstatgen macro for generating stats. With this, it is also possible to generate statistics on your own caches, e.g. how often and by whom they were found. I assume, in order to get the statistic right, GSAK needs to know all the logs of those caches.

Unfortunatly, the only way I know to get many logs from a geocaching.com cache is to go to the listing and download a GPX, but than I only get the latest 20 logs.

Any ides how I can get all the logs into GSAK?

Thanks in advance & best regards,

Oliver

Version 8 and an API.

Version 8 and an API.

Could you be a bit more specific, please? Version 8 of what, an API in what tool, for what and utilized how? :)

Thanks - Oliver

The new beta version of GSAK uses the Groundspeak API to download logs. It can get missing logs for the caches you own.

Prior to this version you could use the AddLogs macro to accomplish the same thing. It appears that this macro will no longer be supported now that there is an "official" way to accomplish this. (Some people felt that the macro violated the screen scraper provision of the Geocaching Terms of Use).

Edited by tozainamboku

The new beta version of GSAK uses the Groundspeak API to download logs. It can get missing logs for the caches you own.

Actually, it will work with any cache in your database. There is however a limit of how many calls can be made per minute, making it impractical on to do too many.

Prior to this version you could use the AddLogs macro to accomplish the same thing. It appears that this macro will no longer be supported now that there is an "official" way to accomplish this. (Some people felt that the macro violated the screen scraper provision of the Geocaching Terms of Use).

Methinks too many people misunderstand the ToU.