'from my house' vs 'from zip code'

Dru Morgan

On 'my cache page' I have a search from 'my house' and below that is 'filter finds'

Someone in the IRC channel mentioned that they have a search 'from zip code' and no sign of the 'filter finds' link.

Any idea why two different people, both logged in, would have two different 'my cache' pages? Do some people not have the 'filter finds' feature?

I didn't check if he was a paid member or not. That could be one possible answer.

stealyourcache.gif Ever notice how anyone that caches more than you do is a maniac, while anyone that caches less than you do is an idiot? -Dru Morgan

On my My Cache Page it shows in the top right:

Search for nearest caches in NJ or from your home coordinates (filter finds)

I have my home coordinates entered on my profile page.

I guess I could remove my home coords and see what it shows.... what does your friend see in the top right of his My Cache Page?

Edit: I removed my home coords and My Cache Page now shows:

Search for nearest caches in NJ or Zipcode (07463)

So there's no Filter Finds link which doesn't make a lot of sense. I'd suggest he enter his coords, but it sure looks like a bug to me.

I'm not sure - but I think that the 'from my house' option only shows up if you enter your Lat/Long in your profile - as DavidL suggested.

I'm sure you could mess around with that. I don't think Premium Membership has anything to do with that.

southdeltan

"Man can counterfeit everything except silence". - William Faulkner

quote:
Originally posted by Dru Morgan:

On 'my cache page' I have a search from 'my house' and below that is 'filter finds'

Someone in the IRC channel mentioned that they have a search 'from zip code' and no sign of the 'filter finds' link.

Any idea why two different people, both logged in, would have two different 'my cache' pages? Do some people not have the 'filter finds' feature?

It's on the My Cache Page (upper right). You need to enter your home coordinates in your profile.

3608_2800.gif

"Don't mess with a geocacher. We know all the best places to hide a body."