COINtest! - Random Winner Will Receive A Mystery Coin

Jayman11

Well the storm was no worst then a mild thunderstorm for us. Bunch of rain but thats it. I'll know how bad it was for sure when i t get to work on Monday. Any time we get a hard rain a section of the building floods. Its a brand new section and they rushed the planning and building of it so it could open on time. So there wasn't much consideration for things like drainage. :rolleyes:

Thank you for an interesting cointest, have enjoyed reading everyone's entries so far.

I like all sizes of caches. Some caches are extra special though. Sometimes just a little detail (the colour, shape, box or home made disguise) can make the container itself a particularly nice find. This is generally the icing on the cake though, as it is really the general location the cache brings us too that we love to discover, and the exact nature of the cache is not too important. We've learnt to set our expectations low after a few disappointments, but that has meant some very nice surprises.

The coin you are giving away is beautiful! My dad has Koi carp in his pond, we love to sit and watch them.

With the start of a new semester teaching and doing research, I have had very little time to access the forums and join in. I was very pleasantly surprised to see a new cointest when taking a break from working today! Thank you for your generosity, and I think the coin is beautiful. I would love to add it to my collection! :)

I am at my son's house dog sitting. Both of his labs recently had surgery for cancer. One of them is undergoing radiation and I have to watch him closely. That means I have some down time to sit here and surf the web. I thought I might be able to catch up on my logs but I'm finding it hard to get into gc.com. It's a beautiful day here in Michigan so I will also enjoy the weather. I can't get out and cache but that is ok too. The caches will still be there tomorrow I think. LOL

Thanks again for the cointest. I am enjoying all the comments....

OK...new day, new post. Thanx again for the cointest. I have some comments for the other posters, but don't want to disqualify myself by having more than one post today, so...

Laval K-9: Wyatt (whose first name rhymes with my last name) weighs a bit more than my 2 children together, and almost exactly what I weighed when I graduated high school! LOL!

So, does it mean you don't weigh that anymore? ;)

Right now it's very windy here in Laval. The rain is not that bad, at least for now :huh:

Thanks again for the cointest!

Thanks for the cointest....

I just came back from the beach! me, my brother in law and my sister went to the southern Rhodes to a beautiful and not well known beach! oh... I think I have sunburns now even if I was protected with creams etc... and while I was snorkeling and hunting octapuses... I was even wearing a T-shirt!

It was amazing!!! For my sister and my brother in law... this was the first swim of the season...believe it or not....

my parents couldn't come.... for medical reasons....

anyway....

I caught 2 small octapuses... and I tried not to hurt them! they were small and I do not like killing small ones! I played a little with them... and let them go! even if I hunt them and eat them... I love octapuses because they are clever and beautiful! Others.... are killing them for food even if they are small.... but.... I do not find it right...

if I see (sometimes... when they are in their hole... I do not know how big they are.... I mean... if they are from 1/2 kilo and higher... or not!), but I always try not to hurn them!

one of the octapuses... had only 5 legs.... poor guy.... probably there was lack of food and had to do this, (they are growing back...), or it had some bad experience with other humans!

anyway.... the whole day was so nice!!! we finished 3 challenges too! :D we wnate to go for a cache but night fell and... well.... next time.... we hope! :)

This coin made me think of one of the funniest moments in my relationship with my husband. We had been dating for some months, and decided it was time to introduce him to my daughters. We spent a great day at Precious Moments (a touristy place owned by the guy that makes the Precious Moments dolls). As we were leaving, we passed a fountain. My (now) husband nonchalantly tossed a coin into the fountain... but it bounced back out. He picked it up, red-faced, and tossed it again. It bounced out again. Third time was the charm and the coin stayed in. It was so embarrassing because he was trying to make a good impression.

You can send me the coin now... Please and thank you.

OK...new day, new post. Thanx again for the cointest. I have some comments for the other posters, but don't want to disqualify myself by having more than one post today, so...

Gatoulis: Nikos...do you have a Facebook page? I have been friending a lot of my caching and geocoin friends, and would like to add you to that list. If so, send me an email through my profile, and let me know. Thanx!

Laval K-9: Wyatt (whose first name rhymes with my last name) weighs a bit more than my 2 children together, and almost exactly what I weighed when I graduated high school! LOL!

mpilchfamily: I live in Waynesboro, and work in Frederick. I have been caching since 08/2008, and have found many of the caches int he Frederick, Hagerstown, and surrounding areas. If you ever need a nudge, feel free to shoot me an email through my profile, and I'll see what I can do.

Serchnsoul: Thank you for what you do. I used to be a police officer, and I still believe that people who work in those fields (police, fire, EMT, etc) along with teachers are some of the most underappreciated and underpaid workers around. So I always want to make it a point to say THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU DO!!

CW88: Happy birthday!!

Jayman11: Thank you again for your generosity. 11 has always been my favorite number, so I like that you have it in your name.

Hello Mikal! :D No, I do not have a facebook account! I am not in there... I am not even in twiter etc.... I know.... it sounds strange... but... :laughing:

Gatoulis: Nikos...do you have a Facebook page? I have been friending a lot of my caching and geocoin friends, and would like to add you to that list. If so, send me an email through my profile, and let me know. Thanx!

mpilchfamily: I live in Waynesboro, and work in Frederick. I have been caching since 08/2008, and have found many of the caches int he Frederick, Hagerstown, and surrounding areas. If you ever need a nudge, feel free to shoot me an email through my profile, and I'll see what I can do.

Serchnsoul: Thank you for what you do. I used to be a police officer, and I still believe that people who work in those fields (police, fire, EMT, etc) along with teachers are some of the most underappreciated and underpaid workers around. So I always want to make it a point to say THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU DO!!

CW88: Happy birthday!!

Jayman11: Thank you again for your generosity. 11 has always been my favorite number, so I like that you have it in your name.

Hello Mikal! :D No, I do not have a facebook account! I am not in there... I am not even in twiter etc.... I know.... it sounds strange... but... :laughing:

No GATOULIS not strange at all, I am another that has avoided the "social network" craze, my information is mine, who cares if you ate a whole chocolate bar and are feeling fat, let alone post an update about it :laughing: it boggles the mind.

This is my third post, again good luck to all and thanks for the (slim) chance to own this great coin. :grin:

About me? Someone looking for a new excuse to get out and about, a reason to go for a wander with friends or a target to ride to on the bike rather than aimlessly dithering about the woods. As for a favourite container, I don't think I actually have one - big containers full of swag are always fun to poke through, and often need to be in more obscure and out of the way locations you wouldn't have found otherwise, while nanos are excellent for the amusement of knowing they are there in such a public place without anyone ever realising...

Most importantly, thanks for the contest and for offering up such a cool coin.

We've been doing the geocaching thing now for almost a year. We have some 130+ geocaches posted. Have enjoyed geocoin collecting too and have collected quite a few in a short time. The best things about geocaching for us have been discovering places, getting much needed exercise, learning things and finding out about special treasures that we never knew existed - some even very close to home! We have visited all the Indiana State Parks, for example, and are now in the process of visiting the State Reservoirs. We've seen lots of wildlife and rediscovered photography as a hobby again. We've done a Midwest Geobash event with our RV. We've even moved a few travel bugs along their way in fulfilling their missions. Basically, we've just had alot of additional fun because of geocaching. :anitongue: