COINtest! - Random Winner Will Receive A Mystery Coin

Jayman11

OK it's been a while since I've given away any coins. This one has been hanging around with me for a while and I think it's time to let someone else enjoy it. This is a very easy contest! All you have to do is post a comment on here, maybe something about yourself, why you like geocaching, what your favorite container is, heck maybe even a nice compliment for me! :) It's totally up to you. Here's the rules:

1) You can post 1 comment per day. More than that gets you disqualified.

2) Contest will end Tuesday (8/30/11)@ Midnight EST and I will pick the winner and post it no later than Weds (8/31) evening.

3) I will take all the posts and tally them up and use a random number generating site to pick the winner. Told you it would be random! :)

So here's what you will receive:

The Wishing Coin

WishinCoin-1.jpg

Edited by Eartha

Thank you for the cointest and the great prize!!! :D You are very kind and generous! :D Hmm... does this count as a commentfor the cointest? :laughing:

Let's see... something about me.... my real name is Nikos and I am 36 years old! I am a crazy collector... because I collect many things... including coins, banknotes, tokens, medals, militaria things and WW rellics, fossils and petrified wood, phonecards.... and, and, and... :laughing: I love it here in geocaching and the forums! but I will talk about that tomorrow! ;)

Very nice coin. Thanx for the cointest!!

I have an interesting story to tell. This week has been rather interesting for me. I work in Maryland, which is not a typical natural disaster type of area. California is known for earthquakes, Kansas for tornadoes, Florida for hurricanes, etc. Well...on Tuesday this week, while I was in a meeting at work, I felt an earthquake!! Unbelievable! They said it was the strongest earthquake to hit the state of Virginia (right next to Maryland for those not aware of US geography) in over 100 years! They also said that it was the strongest earthquake to strike anywhere in the eastern US since World War II. Quite an unexpected occurrence, indeed. Thankfully, no damages or injuries in my area.

This weekend, another unusual thing is slated to occur, as Hurricane Irene will be hitting land near where I live as well. This is very unusual for a storm of this magnitude to make landfall this far north!

I had to make this a really special week, so on Wednesday this week, I hunted for (and found) two different terrain-5 caches.

What a week!!!

Thanks for having this cointest!

Today we did some maintenance on two of our caches in a wooden area and our geodog Wyatt Earp was along for the walk. It was nice to meet a cacher on the trail who was looking for our caches. While we were chatting, he kept a safe distance between us since he is afraid of dogs. I don't know why... Wyatt is only 115 pounds :laughing:

Gasp. A random chance to win the coin. I used to leave an extra window with the thread that contained a large photo of the wishing coin on my desktop because it is so beautiful and reminded me of my koi friends.

Long ago, I would make the hour drive to visit the shop with koi ponds to admire the fish and learn from the owner all that information you just can't learn from books. A pond was built and, when the budget allowed, I would purchase some 2-3" fish. Often, the owner would choose some very nice fish from the more expensive koi pond and sell them to me for a lower price, sometimes claiming it was because of a twisted fin or scale placement, or that it had an inferior body shape or something. I think he was just a kind man.

There were some mishaps along the way. When my largest koi was about 15", seven were lost when the landlord hired some painters for the exterior of the house we were living in at the time. They came one day earlier than scheduled, and decided to cover the pond with heavy tarps. The final blow came six years later, when wildlife pushed a container over in such a way that it allowed them access to the pond. In that single night, all fourteen remaining koi perished. Eleven years and the heartbreak still hasn't healed enough to start over.

Well I am not sure if "one comment" means one post or keep it to a single sentence. Oh well. If I disqualified myself, guess it wasn't meant to be. :)

Edited by aka Momster

Its only been a few hours since my last post but it is a new day. Last post was at 10:23 PM Eastern and it is almost 9AM here now on Saturday. So we await for the storm to come in tonight. Meanwhile i have a Cub Scout Pack Meeting to help run this morning. Hope it stays dry enough to get the boys there swimming belt loop and pin.

That is a beautiful coin and thanks for the cointest!

This past week I went to do some maintenance on 3 caches in a nearby state park. On the trail I met two ladies that were letterboxing. I've met a lot of cachers on the trail but never letterboxers. We chatted for a few mintues and then we were on our way. too many mosquitos though for my liking on my hike....

New day...new post! :D

Ok... where was I? :)

I found geocaching accidently and because of a geocoin... (I have posted this many times...), while I was searching to find a cheap coin to buy... and at that time I was searching for greek coin... I fell on an auction about the First greek geocoin 2007! what was that? I had to know because it was very pretty and the design was close to the 50 drachma greek coin but with colours....

maybe it was a medal... but waht was a geocoin??? I searched a little and found the geocaching site... from that time... I am a geocacher! :D and I am so happy about it! :D

Now I have the Antique gold version of the Greek coin (the coin I saw...) and the greek version of the coin that not many know.....

according to the site it was selling them.... there were metal versions of Antique silver, antigue gold and the LE versions of antique copper and black nickel....

but... the greek version (LE and probably only 50 were made... or less...) is a shiny silver one! :D

Thanks for the cointest.

Today we had one of the best DNF's in our cacher career. It was a beautiful landscape in the Netherlands near the the North Sea, we had passages of heavy rain, we had to walk through boggish ground and we looked with another team more the 45 minutes without a find. When we got back to our car we were soaking wet - BUT: we had fun all the time!

Thanks for the Cointest Jayman...

I like geocaching as it as great excuse to be out with my boys. We enjoy hiking in the area very much and this just gives our hikes a "mission".

My boys are 6 and 3...the 3 year old just likes to be out with us but the 6 year old is getting to be quite a cache finder...developing his geo-sense so to speak.

As for my favourite containers...I like tubs that have swag in them...as I said, caching with two kids it certainly makes it alot more fun for them.

...and I think your hair looks nice today.

...T.

OK...new day, new post. Thanx again for the cointest. I have some comments for the other posters, but don't want to disqualify myself by having more than one post today, so...

Gatoulis: Nikos...do you have a Facebook page? I have been friending a lot of my caching and geocoin friends, and would like to add you to that list. If so, send me an email through my profile, and let me know. Thanx!

Laval K-9: Wyatt (whose first name rhymes with my last name) weighs a bit more than my 2 children together, and almost exactly what I weighed when I graduated high school! LOL!

mpilchfamily: I live in Waynesboro, and work in Frederick. I have been caching since 08/2008, and have found many of the caches int he Frederick, Hagerstown, and surrounding areas. If you ever need a nudge, feel free to shoot me an email through my profile, and I'll see what I can do.

Serchnsoul: Thank you for what you do. I used to be a police officer, and I still believe that people who work in those fields (police, fire, EMT, etc) along with teachers are some of the most underappreciated and underpaid workers around. So I always want to make it a point to say THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU DO!!

CW88: Happy birthday!!

Jayman11: Thank you again for your generosity. 11 has always been my favorite number, so I like that you have it in your name.

Beautiful!!! I love this koin, i mean coin. :laughing: Thanks so much for the fun Jayman11!!

My husband and I met you at the SJ Geocaching Summer Tubing event, so much fun! Yay for the hot dog man! :)

It's my birthday today :) (hopefully that'll give me a little extra luck) and just about to go out for the day to find some caches on the Swiss/Italian Border :D

Thanks for the cointest.

Happy Birthday!!! :)

OK...new day, new post. Thanx again for the cointest. I have some comments for the other posters, but don't want to disqualify myself by having more than one post today, so...

Gatoulis: Nikos...do you have a Facebook page? I have been friending a lot of my caching and geocoin friends, and would like to add you to that list. If so, send me an email through my profile, and let me know. Thanx!

Laval K-9: Wyatt (whose first name rhymes with my last name) weighs a bit more than my 2 children together, and almost exactly what I weighed when I graduated high school! LOL!

mpilchfamily: I live in Waynesboro, and work in Frederick. I have been caching since 08/2008, and have found many of the caches int he Frederick, Hagerstown, and surrounding areas. If you ever need a nudge, feel free to shoot me an email through my profile, and I'll see what I can do.

Serchnsoul: Thank you for what you do. I used to be a police officer, and I still believe that people who work in those fields (police, fire, EMT, etc) along with teachers are some of the most underappreciated and underpaid workers around. So I always want to make it a point to say THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU DO!!

CW88: Happy birthday!!

Jayman11: Thank you again for your generosity. 11 has always been my favorite number, so I like that you have it in your name.

11 is one of my favorite numbers too! It was always my club soccer number. :)