How long until geocache is published?

Hello all =). I just submitted my first geocache, and am wondering how long I have to wait until it becomes published.

Before this guy gets flamed. He's not mad about it being published, just wanted to know how long...

The real answer is? There is no answer. Reviewers do it voluntarily on their free time. So it is really, "When they get around to it". This is, at least in my area, 2 - 3 days. Sometimes it will take less then a day. Really depends.

I doubt it'll be longer then a week however. But it may be longer then 3 days depending on the reviewer. I know the one in Texas has a lot to handle. And can take longer then a week. But that's the exception to the, "rule".

Shouldn't be too long, and soon you'll have people finding, and hopefully praising (if its a good one!) your cache!

Hello all =). I just submitted my first geocache, and am wondering how long I have to wait until it becomes published.

Keep an eye on your cache page for Reviewer notes (in the logs near the bottom of the page), since there may be some important info there. And you may use the extra time to fix typos, add a photo, or polish up the description and hint a little, if you'd like.

Thanks. All I needed to know was how long it usually takes =)

Didn't know this question is a common flame-war question :0

No, it's not a common flame-war question. I have no idea why that response was posted.

The service goal is to have new submissions *reviewed* within 72 hours. This doesn't mean published within that time-frame though.

Take a look at the Guidelines and the Knowledge Books. There's lots there that can answer most questions of a basic nature.

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.book&id=11'>http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.book&id=11

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php

Instead of being ignorant, I can assume that this question has been asked before, while implying that the asker wanted to have someone review ot. Note that this was not my intent, I just wanted to know on average how long :)

Sometimes not being ignorannt is better than subscribin to a newsletter :)

It's hard to give an average because every reviewer is different. Some work the queue constantly and publish caches pretty much as they come in. Others will work the queue once a day or once every two days.

I can say that I've submitted quite a few caches over the years and I can't think of too many that took more than 2 days regardless of the reviewer.

It's hard to give an average because every reviewer is different. Some work the queue constantly and publish caches pretty much as they come in. Others will work the queue once a day or once every two days.

I can say that I've submitted quite a few caches over the years and I can't think of too many that took more than 2 days regardless of the reviewer.

Ok. I've always thought that there was actually a paid team of members whose job it was to review these things.

Ok. I've always thought that there was actually a paid team of members whose job it was to review these things.

Nah, with something that has such a big cult following as geocaching, it's not hard to find people that'll do your work for "free", Keystone said they get many benefits like free swag, but still much cheaper then paying people!

Before this guy gets flamed. He's not mad about it being published, just wanted to know how long...

The real answer is? There is no answer. Reviewers do it voluntarily on their free time. So it is really, "When they get around to it". This is, at least in my area, 2 - 3 days. Sometimes it will take less then a day. Really depends.

I doubt it'll be longer then a week however. But it may be longer then 3 days depending on the reviewer. I know the one in Texas has a lot to handle. And can take longer then a week. But that's the exception to the, "rule".

Shouldn't be too long, and soon you'll have people finding, and hopefully praising (if its a good one!) your cache!

In other words, you took a paragraph to say "a day or so."

I see that the OP's cache has been published by British Columbia's newest reviewer. Awesome same-day service!

Many reviewers do the job to get milk bones. Many reviewers are dogs.

I know! I'm very happy that my cache got published so quickly =) Lol loved the dog reference.

Also, note that there's a difference between asking

a.)"How long until a reviewer looks at my new geocache submission?"

and

b.)"How long until my geocache is published?"

The answers are usually

a.) within 72 hours

and

b.) As long as piece of string, depending on how well you've done your initial homework.

As yours got published within a day, you must've done your homework very well. :D

MrsB

Nah, with something that has such a big cult following as geocaching, it's not hard to find people that'll do your work for "free", Keystone said they get many benefits like free swag, but still much cheaper then paying people!

If they had to pay the review team even minimum wage you'd be waving goodbye to the $30 premium member fee. It would probably be triple that.

Here in New Zealand, curglaff seems to take about 3 minutes.

No, really.

I created a cache, and then took a shower (long story) meaning to finish the checks and submit it after. Little did I know, I'd forgotten to uncheck the 'publish' box, and it was already in the queue.

When I came out, I found he'd rejected it less than 5min after I'd clicked 'save' (proximity rule, never check when out if your saved GPX files exclude micros...)

curglaff must win the prize for the speedyest reviewer.

No, really.

I created a cache, and then took a shower (long story) meaning to finish the checks and submit it after. Little did I know, I'd forgotten to uncheck the 'publish' box, and it was already in the queue.

When I came out, I found he'd rejected it less than 5min after I'd clicked 'save' (proximity rule, never check when out if your saved GPX files exclude micros...)

That must have been some exciting page writeup there? :ph34r:

No, really.

That must have been some exciting page writeup there? :ph34r:

So glad I wasn't drinking a coffee when I read that.

Here in Indiana, my caches have never taken longer than 24 hours to be published. I think the quickest was just under 1 hour. Of course, it'll differ from state to state and country to country, based on how busy the reviewer is with *real life* and how many caches he/she has to work his/her way through before publishing yours. :)