Here we go again

I'm back to having the same problems. I can log on and get to my Quick view but when I try to go to a cache page it spins and spins until it takes me to The web address you entered could not be found and a google list. I still feel the site is trying to do to much with the avetars, and latest finds scrolling across the bottom. Who cares, maybe dumping that will help us navigate the site better.

I'm on my PC and I can navigate some of the pages but when I try to go to a cache page It never gets there. I have tried using the links from my quick view, the hide and seek window and links from My caches found page. Always the same, spin spin spin and then the dreaded site not found page. I logged off and cleaned my temps folder but that made no difference, this is the same problem I was having after the Aug 18 "improvements"

I'm back to having the same problems. I can log on and get to my Quick view but when I try to go to a cache page it spins and spins until it takes me to The web address you entered could not be found and a google list. I still feel the site is trying to do to much with the avetars, and latest finds scrolling across the bottom. Who cares, maybe dumping that will help us navigate the site better.

Yup, me too. For quite awhile, it has been hit-or-miss if any web page will load properly the first time. Not just gc.com, but other sites. Not just from home, but also at work and at my friends places. Not just ADSL, but cable as well.

I feel it has to do with the amount of total bandwidth your ISP/neighborhood/town have available. In my hometown, there is one connection to the outside world (on the net.) I noticed that the problems started around the time NetFlix was made available here. Could be the large video streaming/downloading that is killing my bandwidth.

I'm on my PC and I can navigate some of the pages but when I try to go to a cache page It never gets there. I have tried using the links from my quick view, the hide and seek window and links from My caches found page. Always the same, spin spin spin and then the dreaded site not found page. I logged off and cleaned my temps folder but that made no difference, this is the same problem I was having after the Aug 18 "improvements"

Yup, working fine for me, too.

Unless you have a Greasemonkey script running to load all logs, there will only be five tiny graphics being loaded that were not being loaded before.

Much worse today, if I do manage to get on it goes away the first time I try to go to a new page, any page.

Dump all those new fangled addons from the Aug 18. I for one really don't care what happened in the last fifteen minutes and If I want to see your avatar I will go to your profile.

Frustrating, very frustrating!

Either the site hangs or we get:

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

It's the second weekend on the trot that this has happened on Sunday evening. Totally unacceptable. Is this what we pay for?

A&B

From time to time the site is slow, but workable. I think geocaching.com is making adjustments to it during those times. Have you recently updated your PC's anti-virus and have the settings changed? What about a firewall, any new changes to that? Usually, if the site is slow or down, the entire forum community acknowledges it. But if it's just you, I wouldn't think the site would be the problem.

It's the second weekend on the trot that this has happened on Sunday evening. Totally unacceptable. Is this what we pay for?

A&B

From time to time the site is slow, but workable. I think geocaching.com is making adjustments to it during those times. Have you recently updated your PC's anti-virus and have the settings changed? What about a firewall, any new changes to that? Usually, if the site is slow or down, the entire forum community acknowledges it. But if it's just you, I wouldn't think the site would be the problem.

Oh yes. It must be our anti-virus software. It couldn't possibly be that Groundspeak screwed up. Lord knows that never happens. <_<

A&B

Oh yes. It must be our anti-virus software. It couldn't possibly be that Groundspeak screwed up. Lord knows that never happens. <_<

LOL. Precious, isn't it? <_<

Everybody happy now? The day's calamity seems to have been resolved B) To our caching friends on the East Coast, I'm sure this was the least of your worries--hope all is well, though I'm sure a few caches have disappeared.

I'm not right on the coast, but we did get a lot of wind and rain. Early this afternoon it got beautifully sunny and breezy. And then the power went out. And then I went caching. And no, I am not at all happy with Goundspeak. Nothing has been resolved.