Ok so I am planning on going on an overseas trip

I would like to do some geocaching overseas

Maybe I should take some travel bugs or geocoins

so I go searching for caches in my area that contain

trackables.

I have searched in 7 caches for trackales that were meant to be there

and only 1 cache had a geocoin in it. whats worse 1 geocache was meant to

have 3 trackables in it but had NOTHING

WHO TAKES ALL THESE TRACKABLES? and why are they missing?

I could understand that some people could like to keep nice shiny geocoins for themselves

But who would want to steal a travel bug attached to some stupid stuffed toy or matchbox car?

Why are sooo many trackables going missing?

Mostly its noobs to the game. They don't know or fully understand trackables. So they take them thinking they are swag items. Some take them knowing what they are and forget about them or stop caching all together. Some times there are muggles that just like to go out and raid caches for trackables. Allot of times they have been moved to another cache by a noob who didn't understand how to log it. SO it still shows in the last cache it was properly logged into.

<pondering>

If someone counted up the topics we have on this forum which start off "I've been to a cache today which should have contained a trackable but it wasn't in there..." and then counted up the number that start off "I found a trackable in a cache today but it wasn't logged in there..." do you think they'd be roughly equal in numbers and thus cancel each other out?

:huh:

MrsB

<pondering>

If someone counted up the topics we have on this forum which start off "I've been to a cache today which should have contained a trackable but it wasn't in there..." and then counted up the number that start off "I found a trackable in a cache today but it wasn't logged in there..." do you think they'd be roughly equal in numbers and thus cancel each other out?

:huh:

Probably.