Cointest- Guess what it will look like and win!

CCWelch

The rules:

Describe or draw what you think that our wedding coin will look like. Whomever comes closest including colors will win one of our Wedding coins.

Anyone who has seen our sample is not eligible for this contest.

For anyone who has not heard the news CCWashburn(yup that's me :D ) and Welch are getting married October 15th, 2011!

For anyone who has not heard the news CCWashburn(yup that's me :D ) and Welch are getting married October 15th, 2011!

Congratulations!! :)

Thank you!

Cointest end on October 15th when the coin will be revealed and a winner chosen, if no one gets close, I will put all names in the flower girl's basket and draw a winner.

Alright I'm going to have a go:

Colors: Burnt orange and turquoise.

obverse: woven burnt orange and turquoise around the rim. Center- kissing love birds symbol.

reverse: woven burnt orange and turquoise around the rim. Center- Your names and date of the wedding.

These will be made in copper and antique silver.

That will be 10.50 a piece.... thank you.

Good luck with the wedding!

Tough. I do not think it will be wedding themed. I do think it will have a dream cather background and maybe some sort of entertwined red chinese dragon.

Hidden in the image on the back of the coin is an ear of coin. If you look really close... what is that? Morse code?

Congratulations!!!!! :D

Hmm.... it is difficult to guess...... but I will give a try or some tries... if that is possible....

So... how about the coin to be in shiny gold, like your wedding rigs, in the shape of a heart with red pearl or trans colour... and your initials on it... (probably your Geo initials), in calligraphic style....

Also... your 2 wedding rings connected... (one inside the other... as a chain...), with your names on them... on the heart... and their ends to be a little out of the heart design....

on the other side to have the flowers the bride holds... or... Lemon flowers.... I think in the old times these were used for a bride....

And of course... the date of your wedding and probably a LOVE.... or MARRIED... and the activation number if it will be trackable!

hahahahahha..... I just had a crazy idea!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Post 2 follows!!!! hahahahahahha

what's my new crazy idea????

A coin showing you two... like the avantars of Lackeys..... (you know... the cartoonish people..) getting married, the husband to hold a GPS and the Wife to hold an ammocan... while the Priest is..... Signal!!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

and a logo ....something like.... bonded with love, married and caching together for the rest of our lives...

or.... caching together since..... married in October 15th 2011 and the adventure has just begun! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

As things get listed that are correct I will let you know:

Intertwined hearts is correct-coin is not special shaped it is round

It does have our Wedding date on it and something written in ROT13

But there are other elements to guess.

No one has hit on any of the colors yet.

And the metal has not been guessed yet.

Edited by CCWashburn

Coin.... Round

metal... antique copper

Colours...green and yellow in sky blue fond..... both green and yellow... I am wondering if yoyu used glow or glitter...maybe the blue sky the 2 hears are... is glitter.... hehehehe

Elements... Intertwined hearts maybe making a nice Celtic knot... (or not!...) and your wedding date!

Then your names will be in ROT13 plus the.... YBIR SBE RIRE.... maybe??? :laughing:

Coin.... Round

metal... antique copper

Colours...green and yellow in sky blue fond..... both green and yellow... I am wondering if yoyu used glow or glitter...maybe the blue sky the 2 hears are... is glitter.... hehehehe

Elements... Intertwined hearts maybe making a nice Celtic knot... (or not!...) and your wedding date!

Then your names will be in ROT13 plus the.... YBIR SBE RIRE.... maybe??? :laughing:

Round is correct,and there is glitter as well a pearl color. No to the rest....maybe I should have had you guys help me design it, you have some great ideas.

Huh.... I will try again!! :D

Round coin....

Metal.... Nickel (In my mind I had silver... real silver... but isn't that goes too expensive?)

so it has glitter and pearl...

I loved the pearl read... wich is not the bright red... but... a "warm" colour... as a fond...

Intertwined hearts... in the silver glitter... or gold glitter....

inside the hearts... will be your innitials... in calligraphic..... (I do not know if you have it there too... but before the wedding here... a couple of days before... we have the celebration of the wedding bed... when young unmarried girls whose parents are still alive.. are prepearing the wedding bed with special sheets etc... we bring music... there are sweets to give etc.. like the Rhodian Melekouni http://www.faliraki-info.com/susie/greek-recipes/pastries/melekouni.htm , and then.... friends, relatives, family etc are throwing on the bed money, gold coins etc... anyway.... on the bed... we usually make with sugared almonds (we call them koufeta) that most of the times now have chockolate inside and the sugar outer is thick and strong.. 2 hearts join together... with the innitials of the 2 who are getting married!)

Of course... you will have the Married on October 15th 2011 and a love motto encrypted.... or something special... like the place you first met.... or the church the marriage will take place... or...a "Love for Ever" or... how about the vows you will give... (sorry I do not know a lot... our weddings are different..) or even the thing the priest is saying.... that you will be together in the good and bad... in happiness or dificulties... he says something like that right? :laughing:

Ok. First of all...congratulations! You are getting married on 10/15, which is my wife's birthday. We got married on 10/24 (we love the autumn), and are coming up on our 13th wedding anniversary.

Now...on to my guesswork.

Confirmed:

Intertwined hearts is correct-coin is not special shaped it is round

It does have our Wedding date on it and something written in ROT13

Round is correct, and there is glitter as well a pearl color

I was going to guess the intertwined hearts because that was what we had on our invitations, napkins, announcements, etc.

Metal: Antique Silver

Written in ROT13: 'till death do us part

Colors: Purple and white (pearl)

You guys have great guesses, only added correct is the white pearl.

So White pearl, intertwined hearts, round coin, and wedding date on coin correct.

It does have our geocaching names on it.

The metal has not yet been guessed, it is not used real often and it is a form of the silver color.

Hmm... bruched nickel or silver....round coin...

white Pearl as a fond, intertwined hearts in glitter....Burgundy red, inside the hearts your names,(or a ribbon passes in front of them with your names....).

the coin has your married date.. and coordinates of the church.... so other geocachers will know where to come! :laughing: hey.... that's a cool invitation... even if it is more expensive... who will throw it away??? :laughing:

In Rot13 will have the hint.... just like the caches.... "under the rocks..."etc... but it will be the hint to find the right church! :laughing: will you also have a logbook for the event marriage? Oh boy.... can you imagine that?? :laughing:

on the erge... where in some coins the tracking number is.... you will have a moto you both like for your life as one..

and if the coin is trackable.... the number too! ;)

NO grapes or dreamcatchers.

Brushed Nickel or silver (Satin Silver) -Correct

Entwined hearts are the Glitter but not burgundy red.(And both hearts are not necessarily the same color)

The coin does have the married date(October 15, 2011)

It has our Geocaching Names (CCWashburn and Welch)

It has White Pearl

ROT 13 drneal's guess is the same meaning but different wording.

It also has our real first names(New hint for you that no one has guessed)

How about one side with entwined hearts in white and black glitter, and reverse side with a drawing of the bride and the groom in white and black (respectively :)) pearl?

On the side of the hearts, we will find your geocaching names under the respective hearts, and the ROT13 phrase curved underneath. On the side of the bride and groom, your real names under the respective drawings, and the wedding date and location curved underneath.

I'm not sure how you're going to determine who "got it right" - so far it has been more of a collaborative effort! Unless there is a key element that we haven't touched upon yet...?

Perhaps the back of the coin is the church or building where the wedding takes place, in 3D, together with the date?

Hmm.... satin silver round coin... (I thought brushed and satin were different! :laughing: )

white pearl fond, the entwined hearts are the glitter.... one is pink and the other in light blue...

I believe that the other side may has your real photo laminated... a photo in a very happy moment... (I do not know if it will have your wedding photo - I would love that!!!- but since the coins will probably be ready... it will probably has your photo together... something like your profile photo...)and your names Nathan & Corely

there is your wedding date on it... and in Rot13.... the... Together For Ever

I am wondering if your GC names are on a ribbon on the hearts.... :)

And I am wondering if on the coin is the ame of the church you will get married (or the place...), near the date of your marriage! :)

So far Gatoulis has guessed the most things correct: The added things are, one of the glitter hearts is pink and our real names are correct. We only designed one side of the coin the other side has the GC.com symbol in color and the tracking number on a black background.

so that should help some. Our GC names are curved on the bottom part of the coin. The wedding location is not on the coin.

Pretty much if someone nails the ROT13 saying they will probably be the winner.

:laughing: I am trying!!! :D

Let's see... well... I will keep off all the tings that are already correct..

is the other heart green? or maybe gold so you can say he has a gold heart! :laughing:

I am wondering what the motto is....... maybe something like..... (Together) in present and in future.... or something like that....

So far Gatoulis has guessed the most things correct: The added things are, one of the glitter hearts is pink and our real names are correct. We only designed one side of the coin the other side has the GC.com symbol in color and the tracking number on a black background.

so that should help some. Our GC names are curved on the bottom part of the coin. The wedding location is not on the coin.

Pretty much if someone nails the ROT13 saying they will probably be the winner.

OK...I'll give it another shot...

"For All Eternity" in ROT13

The Rot 13 is 4 words and the closest so far is Serchnsoul. If Someone guesses the ROT 13 this quick I will have to add that you have to get the right colors too. So far the most correct guesses has been Gatoulis.

The font is in raised metal so it is not the pearl.

I had that in mind too! :D Past, present and future! :laughing:

Well.. I will go for Past, Present, Future, Together

I am wondering if the white pearl is the geocaching symbol fond... or the line with your names, the marriage date....

One of the hearts is Pink Glitter and the other is in apricot glitter!