Notification Emails w/out Cacher's Name

lamoracke

Last few hours, all the caches I own or watch do the following..

found Peace Sign Series #18 - Anagrams, Yea Or Nay (Unknown Cache) at 8/20/2011

It does not say who found it. Sure I can go into the cache listing and see it, but that is an extra step. This just a glitch? I tried to search the forums to see if this was addressed already and I did not see it. If there was a topic or place for this already or better, I apologize in advance.

Strange they would implement a change at night like this, so I think its an error. Strange error though.

Edited by lamoracke

It does not say who found it. Sure I can go into the cache listing and see it, but that is an extra step. This just a glitch? I tried to search the forums to see if this was addressed already and I did not see it. If there was a topic or place for this already or better, I apologize in advance.

Strange they would implement a change at night like this, so I think its an error. Strange error though.

Moun10Bike commented on a post on the website forum saying that he has notified the team of this issue. It's happening to everyone and being worked on. I recomend patience...

The last two owner notifications I've gotten on caches had no cacher names in the email, and the link to their profiles was http://coord.info/PR0. The body of the email is as follows:

You are receiving this email because you are the owner of this listing.

posted a note for Red Hill: Redux (Traditional Cache) at 8/24/2011

Log Date: 8/24/2011

Somehow I missed getting all the Red Hill caches in my GPSr. So today when Fiddlingfox and I went up we thought there ought to be a cache at the summit. So we left a tricky cache up at the tower. Now I've got to go back and retrieve it. Oh well, it IS a nice hike and there are some other caches I've got to get.

Visit this log entry at the below address:

http://coord.info/GL6BHX7B

Visit Red Hill: Redux

http://coord.info/GC15N64

Profile for :

http://coord.info/PR0

Both notification emails were either Notes or DNFs emailed after 9 pm (Eastern Time) tonight. The last Found It Log, sent at 6:10 pm, has the names and proper links included. Has anyone else noticed this? If so, is it happening to all logs?

If you go to the cache page you can see who logged the note, it just seems to be a glitch in the email notifications...

Moun10Bike commented on a post on the website forum saying that he has notified the team of this issue. It's happening to everyone and being worked on. I recomend patience...

...ten years have got behind you.

Thanks for the info. I have had a couple of those come in tonight as well. For a temp workaround, if you actually go to the cache page, you can see who logged the find.

Nice try, B) unfortunately forum sigs don't come through on quotes... :unsure:

Nice try, B) unfortunately forum sigs don't come through on quotes... :unsure:

I know. I thought that made it even better. :)