I'm on my 3rd Montana unit, what is wrong

splashy

I don't really worry, because until now my units where swapped after having calibration issues with the Montana.

So far, great service.

I'm worried because of what happens if my unit is a bit older and it starts again.

And why don't we hear anything from Garmin (as always).

I mean, this is not a $90 satnav.

Edited by splashy

I have the same skepticism as you. I recently return a Montana 600 because of screen calibration issues. They just sent be back a "refurbished" unit, but it appears to be a brand new unit. It seems to work fine but I wonder if it will act up especially in light of you being on your third unit. Makes me wonder if they really have the problem resolved.

I sold my old reliable 60csx in order to get the new Montana. I'm wondering if this was a mistake. Time will tell. Garmin is uncomfortably silent about this issue, however, they are standing behind their warranty.

I sold my old reliable 60csx in order to get the new Montana.

I'll be looking hard at getting a Montana in 1-1.5 years or so when the prices have really come down and *hopefully* Garmin has most, if not all, of the bugs worked out. I just did this with a 3790t and my strategy worked out great. Solid unit for hundreds less than when they first came out.

However, selling my dead nuts reliable 60CSx will just NOT happen! :laughing:

Ugh - I'm in the middle of a replacement. I've seen several people talk about having to return theirs too and I was wondering if/when I'd hear that someone was having problems with their replacement. I was REALLY hoping to NOT hear this.

Bummer. Major bummer.

When Garmin claims to have not even heard of the problem, I dunno how anyone can think the replacement unit they send out won't develop the problem either. Sending out a replacement is the easiest way for them to get you out of their hair for a month or so while they fumble around with the issue internally.

When Garmin claims to have not even heard of the problem, I dunno how anyone can think the replacement unit they send out won't develop the problem either. Sending out a replacement is the easiest way for them to get you out of their hair for a month or so while they fumble around with the issue internally.

I know Garmin has had issues in the past on newly released units but having read EVERYTHING in the forums to date the Montana seems to be the worst unit they have ever introduced. I'm a big GPS nut and love new gadgets but it may be a long time before I buy a Montana, if ever.

Maybe if REI had them for $200....... :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong the Montana is a great Gps and actually the garmin service is great also, I only worry there might be a day Garmin says, "we don't swap this unit"

And once again, i said this many times, why don't they communicate?? There must be thousands on the way back, it's hard to hide and by now the whole world, even not Gps users heard about it. I think they do more harm by keeping silent.

With all these units back it can't be hard to know what's wrong with them.

They know exactly who has one AND your Email, (if your registered your unit) so spent an email to us what's wrong and more important what are you going to do about it..

Edited by splashy