? on publication notification

I have a question ... I have set up to receive notifications for archives, new caches etc in my area and receive them in my email.

Got one last night about a new cache and clicked on the link to the visit the cache listing.

this is the message on the page

***Sorry, you cannot view this cache listing until it has been published.

[You are not logged in. You must be logged in to view this content.]****

well i am logged in while viewing this message and i thought when i got the notification that the cache had been reviewed and ready for cachers to search out.

Last night it also had the message that the cache was not available until it had been reviewed....

anyone know whats up with this message?

seems to me other times that i have clicked on a link in the notification email that the cache page open s right up no problems.

cheers

Vicki

I have a question ... I have set up to receive notifications for archives, new caches etc in my area and receive them in my email.

Got one last night about a new cache and clicked on the link to the visit the cache listing.

this is the message on the page

***Sorry, you cannot view this cache listing until it has been published.

[You are not logged in. You must be logged in to view this content.]****

well i am logged in while viewing this message and i thought when i got the notification that the cache had been reviewed and ready for cachers to search out.

Last night it also had the message that the cache was not available until it had been reviewed....

anyone know whats up with this message?

seems to me other times that i have clicked on a link in the notification email that the cache page open s right up no problems.

cheers

Vicki

Very possibly a cache that was retracted by the reviewer shortly after it was published.

Unless it is YOUR cache, you cannot view it until it is published. Notifications or not -- I dunno how or why you got notification of an as yet unpublished cache.

If it your unpublished cache... you should be able to view/work on it at will.

The message that you received was that when one stumbles into a not-yet-published [reviewed] [listed] cache.

EDIT: just saw knowschad's response when I posted. It does seem like the answer.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

Happens often enough around here.

The reviewer hits the 'Publish' button, and then realizes s/he forgot to check something...when that something is checked it is discovered that there was some reason the cache shouldn't have been published, and they immediately retract it.

In one such case I was able to visit the cache page immediately (on my smartphone), and I added it to my watched bookmark list. I got copies of every note as the owner and reviewer discussed what to do about the proximity issue! :lol: