cache counts on logs

bones1

OK. The magic has happened. We now have Cache Finds back and Challenges Completed listed as two separate numbers. The avatars are quite small and neat. The date's still over to the right but... it's there.

Now, is every one happy?

MrsB

Shucks. The International Geocaching Day Souvenir still hasn't appeared.

viannen_95.gif

Now, is every one happy?
Depends on how specific you are :lol: .

I'm mostly a very happy person, so in general, yes, I'm happy :lol: .

Am I happy with what has taken place at geocaching.com during and since last week? Not at all :( .

Am I happy with the very specific matter of the cache page layout? Yes, I think the latest version is a considerable improvement. They have fixed one thing that I don't think was mentioned here, but which made logs hard to read - short logs were placed to the right of the summary, long logs below it. Made it very uncomfortable to read. They've gone back to keeping all logs to the right of the summary.

They seem to have made one (maybe one is obligatory?) cock-up in that the "geocaching challenge" counts are still displayed even though their email said they would not be displayed to those who had not completed a challenge. But this is a relatively minor point - my objection to geocaching challenges is not displaying the count, but having them associated with geocaching in the first place. So yes, I'm happy with the new cache page :lol: .

Rgds, Andy

Edited by Amberel

They seem to have made one (maybe one is obligatory?) cock-up in that the "geocaching challenge" counts are still displayed even though their email said they would not be displayed to those who had not completed a challenge. But this is a relatively minor point - my objection to geocaching challenges is not displaying the count, but having them associated with geocaching in the first place. So yes, I'm happy with the new cache page :lol: .

Rgds, Andy

Hmmm? When I look at one of your logs on the cache page I see only the Found Smiley and 3530. If you look at one of our logs you see Found Smiley 1015, Challenge Man 3.

Or do you mean that you don't want to see anybody's anywhere if you haven't got any yourself?

Anyway... I agree that the logs look a lot better this morning.

MrsB :)

I don't mean either of those :lol: .

It is possible I misunderstood their email. Here is the wording of the email:

"We are working on splitting out cache finds and challenge completion counts. Both will be displayed on the logs unless YOU have not found a challenge. In that case the statistics for Challenges won't be shown."

I think the crucial word is YOU (my capitals). I took this to mean that if I had found no challenges, all the logs presented to me would not show challenge counts. But maybe they meant:

"Both will be displayed on the logs unless THE LOGGER has not found a challenge. In that case the statistics for Challenges won't be shown."

Now - actually I don't mind seeing the challenge counts on logs, so I don't mind if it stays the same. As you've seen elsewhere, my objection to "geocaching challenges" is far more deep seated than simply showing the counts on the cache page.

Rgds, Andy

P.S. My apologies for making such a major edit of this post, I thought I was adding a new post but senility must be setting in, somehow I seem to have edited the old one by mistake.

Edited by Amberel