state cache maps - "filtered option"

huggy_d1

It would be great if the state cache maps could have the "filtered" option by appending the &f=1. For example, the filtered VA state map link would be http://www.geocaching.com/map/VA.asp&f=1 and unfiltered either absent the &f=1 or &f=0. Similar to the current look, it would feed few points to the map generator and help provide the industrious geocacher with less visual clutter.

Another option would be to allow pocket queries to output in Streets & Trip importable formats and let S&T do the visualization.

Just some thoughts as I prepare for the fall geocaching splurge.

This question is frequently asked. The maps are coming back in, uuuuh, February or something...

As to your second request, you can already use GPSBabel to twist your pocket query (or even just .loc files) to S&T, Delorme, Ozi. Mapsend, Mapsource, and about 30 other mapping programs.

There are even detailed instructions at the GPSBabel site for preserving the linky links when sucking in data from geocaching so you can mouse 2 click on a pushpin and get to the cache page.

Here, Here! I would also suggest starting at a reasonalble zoom level from one's "home coordinates". With less points to map and eliminating several meaningless zoom in's it should help with server performance.

Personally I don't care to see which caches I have done. I am interested in seeing which ones that I haven't done.

Mark