Trackable Inventory/Collection

I'm having an issue with the collection feature. Somehow I managed to add one of my tractables to my collection (attempting to date a dead TB outa play) as shown below, but it doesn't show in my collection at all. As you can see somone has picked it up and now wants to move it. Since it doesn't show in my collection I don't know how to get this trackable back into play..any thoughts?

08/18/2011 Picked this up the other day, taking it to Texas - if you move it out of your collection it can collect some miles. You will only want to put it in your collection when you have it back in hand.

06/06/2011 CoffeeEater moved it to their collection

I'm having an issue with the collection feature. Somehow I managed to add one of my tractables to my collection (attempting to date a dead TB outa play) as shown below, but it doesn't show in my collection at all. As you can see somone has picked it up and now wants to move it. Since it doesn't show in my collection I don't know how to get this trackable back into play..any thoughts?

08/18/2011 Picked this up the other day, taking it to Texas - if you move it out of your collection it can collect some miles. You will only want to put it in your collection when you have it back in hand.

06/06/2011 CoffeeEater moved it to their collection

You've got a lot of trackables, could you post a link to which one it is you're referring to, please?

MrsB

Here is the link to the TB in question: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2906059

Thanks.

I think first of all you have to edit your trackable's home page details and un-check the little box "Make this trackable collectible" - Click "Submit Changes" at the bottom of the page - Now you should see that the home page states "This is not Collectible".

I think this will free up the options for Arigonian (the current holder) and they'll be able to drop to off into a cache.

Hope that works for you :)

MrsB

Here is the link to the TB in question: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2906059

Thanks.

I think first of all you have to edit your trackable's home page details and un-check the little box "Make this trackable collectible" - Click "Submit Changes" at the bottom of the page - Now you should see that the home page states "This is not Collectible".

I think this will free up the options for Arigonian (the current holder) and they'll be able to drop to off into a cache.

MrsB

Done, I actually checked it to be collectible just recently after reading your post above. I though if I did that I would then be able to select to drop it from my collectibles list. So I'm not sure it will help Arigonian, but checked or unchecked it never did show in my tractable collection list. Back in June I'm not even sure how I changed it to collectible, but I never worried about it since the TB appeared to be lost.

I'll keep playing with it, thanks for your help :)

Thanks.

MrsB

Done, I actually checked it to be collectible just recently after reading your post above. I though if I did that I would then be able to select to drop it from my collectibles list. So I'm not sure it will help Arigonian, but checked or unchecked it never did show in my tractable collection list. Back in June I'm not even sure how I changed it to collectible, but I never worried about it since the TB appeared to be lost.

When a trackable is marked Collectible by its owner, if it gets into the hands of another cacher the only options they have available to them in the 'drop-down' are 'Discover' or 'Write Note'.

Un-checking the Collectible box and thus changing its status to Not Collectible means that it should appear in their Trackables Inventory (I see it already shows as being In the hands of Arigonian) and when they take it and drop it into a cache they should now have the option to drop it off.

If they still report difficulty in moving it into a new cache come back and ask for more ideas - The whole Collectible/Not Collectible system is really prone to oddities and complications sometimes!

MrsB :)

Thanks.

MrsB

When a trackable is marked Collectible by its owner, if it gets into the hands of another cacher the only options they have available to them in the 'drop-down' are 'Discover' or 'Write Note'.

Un-checking the Collectible box and thus changing its status to Not Collectible means that it should appear in their Trackables Inventory (I see it already shows as being In the hands of Arigonian) and when they take it and drop it into a cache they should now have the option to drop it off.

If they still report difficulty in moving it into a new cache come back and ask for more ideas - The whole Collectible/Not Collectible system is really prone to oddities and complications sometimes!

MrsB :)

Ok that makes sense thanks for the help!