iPad viewing

Heya guys,

Prior to the new maps launching for the Geocaching website the maps would work fine on the iPad. I use my iPad more than my computer now as it's easy to carry around and turns on in a second. I love the new maps which display all Geocaches and show them on cycle maps which has far more information for walking etc.

However, when viewing it on the iPad the Geocaches now don't appear, just the map loads in. Does anyone know if there is a fix coming for this or if there is a better way/app to view Geocaches on the iPad?

Cheers :)

Heya guys,

Prior to the new maps launching for the Geocaching website the maps would work fine on the iPad. I use my iPad more than my computer now as it's easy to carry around and turns on in a second. I love the new maps which display all Geocaches and show them on cycle maps which has far more information for walking etc.

However, when viewing it on the iPad the Geocaches now don't appear, just the map loads in. Does anyone know if there is a fix coming for this or if there is a better way/app to view Geocaches on the iPad?

Cheers :)

Oh just as a note, when I revert back to the 'original maps' it works and Geocaches appear but as before this is really slow and it would be ideal on the newer maps as the whole thing runs a lot faster

I too are having problems with my IPad and Groundspeaks beta maps. I love the idea however if they are not functional for all they are trash. With tablets coming of age I believe this is an issue Groundspeak should send to the top of its priority list. If not, I have no problem using the older maps!!!!

REMOH47

Heya guys,

Not sure how many threads there are on this but I've just been on my iPad and boom, the maps on the geocaching website are now working perfect. Wow this is amazing :)

It's just what I wanted and looks fantastic on the new iPad. top job guys! Anyone else found it working for them?

Heya guys,

Not sure how many threads there are on this but I've just been on my iPad and boom, the maps on the geocaching website are now working perfect. Wow this is amazing :)

It's just what I wanted and looks fantastic on the new iPad. top job guys! Anyone else found it working for them?

Works perfectly? Hardly...

Work better, yes. I still have to click several, several times just to get the map to bring up the popup, and then once I select the cache info, the box shoots across the map, or may even disappear.

Why don't you try to add a bunch of caches to a Bookmark list from the map page on your iPad, and tell me if it works perfectly?

Heya guys,

Works perfectly? Hardly...

Work better, yes. I still have to click several, several times just to get the map to bring up the popup, and then once I select the cache info, the box shoots across the map, or may even disappear.

Why don't you try to add a bunch of caches to a Bookmark list from the map page on your iPad, and tell me if it works perfectly?

Fair comment, maybe perfectly was a little strong of a word :)

For me it's gone from not working at all to working pretty well. As I do a lot of walking the cyclemaps are just right for me as they display all geographic info and more importantly tracks. So now that I can view all this on the new maps AND see more than 10 Geocaches at a time it's pretty exciting. I've just been in the Lakes last week and for the first time in been able to have a good look at what was around me before setting off.

Also I've found it works far better if you press and hold on the cache, then open in new tab. So yes not perfect but pretty much what I wanted :)

Ps as an Apple fan girl do you have the new iPad yet?