Android v2.0.6 Release Notes

What exactly is it going to take for you guys to actually HIDE THE IGNORE LIST ?

You have now released SEVEN broken 2.0.x versions, all without this most basic of features. Would you at least make a commitment of 'when' you are going to fix this issue ? The silence is deafening.

Well since the other upgrade forums are locked I will post this in an open forum.

I had an ongoing problem with the app now hiding my finds. I was told by one of the 'lackeys' that it was being looked at. It has been fixed and Im almost positive that this was a problem that what peculiar to only my account or anyone else who has a comma in their username.

I wanted to give my thanks to those who took care of this. Jon, you rock.

Thank You again

Nick

Is anyone else seeing 2.0.6 force close every time? Have restarted my phone, deleted and reloaded GPX files, etc. Still crashes every time and have not been able to get past the main screen. Casio Gz Commando.

Did you try clearing the cached data from the android system? I had a similar problem and solved it as described here:

http://feedback.geocaching.com/forums/75279-Groundspeak-android-apps/suggestions/2184407-force-close-during-startup-offline-lists-versio

Is anyone else seeing 2.0.6 force close every time? Have restarted my phone, deleted and reloaded GPX files, etc. Still crashes every time and have not been able to get past the main screen. Casio Gz Commando.

Did you try clearing the cached data from the android system? I had a similar problem and solved it as described here:

http://feedback.geocaching.com/forums/75279-Groundspeak-android-apps/suggestions/2184407-force-close-during-startup-offline-lists-versio

Mamoreb, Thx for the tip! I followed your suggestion and the app worked once, then went back to crashing. Ended up uninstalling and reinstalling and it that seems to work. (you're welcome OoC!)

Cheers!

since Version 1.1.3 the compass experience is very, very bad! A lot updates and a major release later nothing has changed; with this release it looks like it became even worse: the compass needle is crazily jumping around! :-(

I tested it on Google Nexus One and on Sony Ericsson Xperia Play, on both the same annoying behavior.

Could you please fix this? All other GPS apps show the compass needle moving soft and smooth, so it can't be a problem with my two devices.

I really like the App ... really want to continue to use it ... problem also reported on feedback.geocaching.com

Thanks,

- Björn

since Version 1.1.3 the compass experience is very, very bad! A lot updates and a major release later nothing has changed; with this release it looks like it became even worse: the compass needle is crazily jumping around! :-(

I tested it on Google Nexus One and on Sony Ericsson Xperia Play, on both the same annoying behavior.

Could you please fix this? All other GPS apps show the compass needle moving soft and smooth, so it can't be a problem with my two devices.

I really like the App ... really want to continue to use it ... problem also reported on feedback.geocaching.com

Thanks,

- Björa

I agree!! I have the same problem. I don't understand. I just bought a new smart phone and downloaded the app from gc.com. I was excited about using it. Lucky for me a new cache was published and I desided to go for it. When I got to GZ the compass was jumping all over. Lucky in the discription it gave a clue on where it was. Looked like it was about 35 feet away from where my compass was trying to (jump around) point. This compass is nothing like the iphone. I was so excited on getting this phone to use this app. Please could you fix this problem. Trimble never had this problem!

hmpfh ... my bug "compass needle is crazily jumping around" has been merged into "Compass widget flaky after 2.04 update", although I don't think it's the same issue -- while this "flaky after 2.04 update" talks about jumping GPS-coordinates, I was talking about non-smooth-displaying of the compass needle itself ... even if the GPS-coordinates are "good".

Well ... at least it means, someone was reading my bug ...

... hope they will solve *both* issues soon!

hmpfh ... my bug "compass needle is crazily jumping around" has been merged into "Compass widget flaky after 2.04 update", although I don't think it's the same issue -- while this "flaky after 2.04 update" talks about jumping GPS-coordinates, I was talking about non-smooth-displaying of the compass needle itself ... even if the GPS-coordinates are "good".

The compass needle jumping around is also part of the symptom of the "flaky after 2.04 update" issue too. Many people have reported it in that thread.

... hope they will solve *both* issues soon!

Hold not thy breath.