Help with downloading pocket query to Oregon 550t via Macbook Pro?

OregonK9

Sorry if this topic has been covered already. I couldn't find anything in the forums. I have an Oregon 550t. I upgraded to a premium membership and ran a pocket query. It is now ready to download to my GPS unit (Oregon 550t)

I am also using a Macbook Pro. I have done everything I can to try and transfer the pocket query to my unit, but nothing seems to be happening when I do it.

The steps I am taking:

1. I click on the pocket query "available for download"

2. in the pop up window, I highlight the pocket query file and click to drag it to my Garmin, which is under the devices on my computer.

3. It briefly shows the pocket query being transferred to my GPS. (which is attached to my computer via a USB cable)

4. I open the GPS on my computer and confirm that it is indeed on the device.

5. I "eject" the GPS from the computer and unhook it from the USB

6. I turn my GPS on and open the Geocache to find my new caches, but the same old ones are there. I don't see anything new.

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm not a total Techie idiot, but I'm not a computer/GPS expert either. And to make matters worse, I'm a recent PC to Mac convert. :blink:

Thanks!

Sorry if this topic has been covered already. I couldn't find anything in the forums. I have an Oregon 550t. I upgraded to a premium membership and ran a pocket query. It is now ready to download to my GPS unit (Oregon 550t)

I am also using a Macbook Pro. I have done everything I can to try and transfer the pocket query to my unit, but nothing seems to be happening when I do it.

The steps I am taking:

1. I click on the pocket query "available for download"

2. in the pop up window, I highlight the pocket query file and click to drag it to my Garmin, which is under the devices on my computer.

3. It briefly shows the pocket query being transferred to my GPS. (which is attached to my computer via a USB cable)

4. I open the GPS on my computer and confirm that it is indeed on the device.

5. I "eject" the GPS from the computer and unhook it from the USB

6. I turn my GPS on and open the Geocache to find my new caches, but the same old ones are there. I don't see anything new.

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm not a total Techie idiot, but I'm not a computer/GPS expert either. And to make matters worse, I'm a recent PC to Mac convert. :blink:

Thanks!

The GPX file must be unzipped first, if your Pocket Query is zipped. Also the GPX file goes in /Garmin/GPX. You need to open up the Garmin and navigate to that folder before dragging the GPX file to the Garmin.

The GPX file must be unzipped first, if your Pocket Query is zipped. Also the GPX file goes in /Garmin/GPX. You need to open up the Garmin and navigate to that folder before dragging the GPX file to the Garmin.

Thanks for the reply and help, but i'm still not having success. When I "open" up the Garmin while it is attached to the Mac via a USB cable, the GPX folder shows that it is in the Garmin already. I'm confused when you say to "navigate to that folder and drag it into the Garmin."

Thanks for the reply and help, but i'm still not having success. When I "open" up the Garmin while it is attached to the Mac via a USB cable, the GPX folder shows that it is in the Garmin already. I'm confused when you say to "navigate to that folder and drag it into the Garmin."

Sometimes the GPS does not see the file as "changed" and therefore does not reload the waypoints.

If the .gpx file shows up in the /Garmin/GPX folder already, delete it, eject and restart the unit them re-connect it, recopy the .gpx file, eject again and restart again. As it restarts it should indicate that it is updating its waypoints.