Any idea how to view a very prolific person's finds...

Sissy-n-CR

...when the number of finds causes the site to choke?

I have a cache with a questionable find and need to investigate. My lovely counterpart is on her way to check on the cache as I post this. In the log on my cache, it's listed as a find yet the cacher says it's gone. A no-no in my book.

I've emailed the cacher, but have yet to get a response--though not really expecting one this early.

It is curious that I can't view this person's finds and someone who is so prolific would have absolutely nothing in their profile.

Any suggestions?

CR

72057_2000.gif

To get list of finds use http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest_cache.asp?ul=XXXX where XXXX is the user id for the cacher.

As a somewhat prolific finder I am able to pull up my finds most of the time but sometimes will get timeout error that looks something like this:

Error Type:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E31)

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired

/seek/nearest_cache.asp, line 525

Just try again later when site is not quite so busy.

quote:
Originally posted by BruceS:

To get list of finds use http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest_cache.asp?ul=XXXX where XXXX is the user id for the cacher.

As a somewhat prolific finder I am able to pull up my finds most of the time but sometimes will get timeout error that looks something like this:

Error Type:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E31)

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired

/seek/nearest_cache.asp, line 525

Just try again later when site is not quite so busy.

RE Busy site

See the numerous slashdot threads today

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

What's wrong with nothing in your profile?

Nothing in itself. Combine that with finds from all over the US, unable to view this person's recent finds, AND claiming a find while saying it's not there when someone else found it that very day, all adds up to a few red flags.

I just want to have my ducks in a row when I delete their log.

I guess I'll have to wait until this SlashDot thing dies down.

CR

72057_2000.gif

If your stated rule is sign the log book then you don't even need more ducks to line up. It is odd that you can't view their recent finds. But like you said, the Slashdot effect has slowed down this website.

Every now and then I look at my own finds just to see what all has been archived and why.

=====================

Wherever you go there you are.

When one prolific cacher tries to view another prolific cacher's finds, it times out nearly 100% of the time. We have to sign off if we want to look at cachers who have found over 800 caches. I believe this is do to the fact that the query has to sort the caches you have found out of the caches you haven't found, of the caches the other cacher has found. I appologize for the last statement, I couldn't figure out how to say it better. icon_wink.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"