Florida Folks-Snake Boots?

CrackerFL

After stomping around some pretty snake-y looking terrain on my past few cache visits, I'm seriously considering a set of high snake boots. Do any of you folks own/wear a pair of these? The ones I've mainly seen that look to be worth the expense are pretty high. Most are like 15 inch boots, which would bring them almost to my knee. I like that, because it obviously offers the highest level of snake bite protection, but it looks like that could be cumbersome. (As a side note, they're pretty much all waterproof, which would be really awesome as well.)

How do you wear them? Pants tucked down inside? Pants over the top, with long socks? (I have my soccer socks, which are long enough to go over my knee.) Are they comfortable? How much ankle flex is generally in there? Can you drive in them comfortably?

These are the style I've been seeing the most of:

http://www.basspro.com/Rocky-15-Rattler-Zip-Snake-GORE-TEX-Boots-for-Men/product/90212/-1341952?cmCat=CROSSSELL_THUMBNAIL#prodDescription

Are they fairly good?

I'm currently wearing out my old pair of boots pretty fast. They are 8inch waterproof, but non-snakeproof. They're also a little too low for most of the water I encounter, so I'd like something higher, I think.

To recap, here's my priorities:

-Snakeproof

-Waterproof

-Snuggable fit, but not crazy tight (Basically, I want it laced or zip-up. Not looking for pure pull-on.)

-High tops

I'm certainly open to any suggestion of brands I should take a look at. The only large outfitter with a good boot selection anywhere near me is Bass Pro Shops.

Thank you!

I cache primarily in Florida and have waded through canals, standing water, march etc and have run across snakes. Haven't had an issue yet. I usually cache in teva sandals. Just try not to step on sales and you'll be fine.

I sometimesmes wear hiking boots and capri pants if I'm hacking through saw palmetto.

I'm not afraid of snakes and I carry a snake note kit. Someone on here told me kits were useless but I carry it anyway.

Cracker,

Not a Floridian, but I do live in Alabama and we have about the same snakes....simular snakey places.

I had a pair of snake boots a long time ago. Hated them. Ended up using "snake gaiters" over my regular boots. The ones I have are Rattler's Brand. They are great. They wrap on and secure with velco and snaps. Less than a minute and they are on or off. I big snake can pop you higher than the knee, but these are a comfortable trade off.

The knee high gaiters are a ton more comfortable than snake boots or hip high snake chaps.