International Geocaching Day

St.Matthew

I'd like to find your analogy amusing, but one has nothing to do with the other. Are we not actually caching if we don't make a find? If not, then what are we doing? A find is not a necessity of a caching outing. So if you're going to create a special day and want people to get out & go Geocaching, give a souvenir for caching on that day whether they make a find or not. A DNF is just as much proof of caching as a Found log.

Well said. To me a DNF is also geocaching. I wish Groundspeak would let me download DNFs in "My Finds".

Where's my souvenir for International Geocaching Day? Set aside the DNF issue. I found and logged 2 caches as found and registered for an event for International Geocaching Day. But ain't got no souvenir on my profile to show for it. Anybody know to whom and how to complain about this.

Yours,

Lobster37

Where's my souvenir for International Geocaching Day? Set aside the DNF issue. I found and logged 2 caches as found and registered for an event for International Geocaching Day. But ain't got no souvenir on my profile to show for it. Anybody know to whom and how to complain about this.

Yours,

Lobster37

Please see post #48 in this thread.

MrsB :)

Yours,

Lobster37

Try reading all the threads regarding this issue.. Especially the one right above yours >.. cheers

Yours,

Lobster37

Try reading all the threads regarding this issue.. Especially the one right above yours >.. cheers

We haven't gotten ours yet either, and we logged 19 caches on Int'l Geocaching Day. I can only assume that with multiple changes taking place around the same time (website, challenges, iPhone app upgrade just to name the few I noticed), it may be that they bit off a bit more than they could chew. I'm sure it will appear eventually ...

The International Geocaching Day souvenirs have been added.

--Larry

Thank goodness. That was very nearly The Death of Geocaching as We Know It.

Agreed, that was close. I wasn't even that excited about the souvenir (or any of the souvenirs, for that matter). I just saw a Facebook post from geocaching.com about it, and figured I might be able to calm a few peoples' nerves by posting it here.

Now back to looking for Tupperware in the woods. :P

--Larry

What a relief! Life can now continue without the angst of not having the souvenir.

But I want a purple background, not yellow! :mad: The continents are not to scale, and the perspective is all wrong!

(ok before the Frog sends out an assassin, I kid, I kid.)

And, there is the issue that clearly the lid of the ammo can cannot be closed. Soggy globe.

Whoo hoo, another souvenir. I like it. Thanks, Groundspeak. :D

I knew we only needed to be patient. But some folks like drama and angst.

For some reason I never got the souvenir? I logged my find only today though, maybe that has something to do with it.

The souvenir is for finds on August 20th. If you found caches on that day, you can back-date your "found it" log. (Any log, actually.) But if you posted your find on the current date, then no, you shouldn't get the souvenir for International Geocaching Day.

What a relief! Life can now continue without the angst of not having the souvenir.

But I want a purple background, not yellow! :mad: The continents are not to scale, and the perspective is all wrong!

(ok before the Frog sends out an assassin, I kid, I kid.)

And, there is the issue that clearly the lid of the ammo can cannot be closed. Soggy globe.

Indeed. That planet will become wet and the swag inside will go moldy. This is an immediate Needs Maintenance if not a Needs Archived Cache if I ever saw one! :laughing:

If the thread hadn't been bumped, I never would have noticed. :rolleyes:

But now that I have, doesn't it seem odd that GW9 is listed before GW8?

Either chronologically or alphabetically this is just plain wrong. :mad:

Actually, alphabetically "GeoWoodstock IX" does come before "Geowoodstock VIII".