New SW Versions available Oregon X50 also 62/78

Has anyone figured out how to turn of the display of the track with the new firmware? You used to be able to see the map without the track by turning tracking off. Now it shows. While I normally want to see my track, there are times when I want to just see the map. I've been lessing with it and so far have not been able to figure out how to turn off the track. Has anyone figured it out?

When you selected do not record, it used to not show the track. Now it appears you cannot have Do not record, do not show. I wish they would have left it the way it was or gave you the option of do not record and do not show.

Another issue they I have had for many version is every so often the setting Lock on Road comes back on. I like it off because the GPS is so accurate 99% of the time you are off the road, you are off the road. So when you have it lock on road, it won't show you in the correct location. That made sense when GPSs were not that accurate. But not anymore. Every once in a while, it gets set to lock on road.

When you selected do not record, it used to not show the track. Now it appears you cannot have Do not record, do not show. I wish they would have left it the way it was or gave you the option of do not record and do not show.

Another issue they I have had for many version is every so often the setting Lock on Road comes back on. I like it off because the GPS is so accurate 99% of the time you are off the road, you are off the road. So when you have it lock on road, it won't show you in the correct location. That made sense when GPSs were not that accurate. But not anymore. Every once in a while, it gets set to lock on road.

I don't have my Oregon handy in order to check, but I seem to recall that there are options to select which color track log you prefer...one of them was "Clear" - it records, but nothing appears on the map. If that's so...and if later you wish to actually see the track log, you can change it to a viewable color.

I have not experience the "return to Lock on Road" anomaly you're getting.

Bill