Oregon x50 software version 4.70

coggins

Notes:

Important steps for future BaseCamp Compatibility:

If you are a user of BaseCamp now, or plan to be in the future, you must follow these steps to ensure your data is protected during this software update:

Connect your handheld unit to a computer and launch BaseCamp. Transfer all tracks, routes and waypoints to BaseCamp.

Delete the /Garmin/GPX folder from the handheld's mass storage.

Update the handheld's software via WebUpdater and reboot the handheld.

Reconnect the handheld to a computer and transfer your data from BaseCamp back to the handheld.

Change History

Changes made from version 4.50 to 4.70:

Added support for advanced geocache logging with OpenCaching.com. See TrailTech (http://garmin.blogs.com/softwareupdates/2011/08/advanced-geocache-logging-with-opencachingcom.html) for more information.

Fixed issue with multilingual custom POI files

Edited by coggins

Yes by the time I got to it last night it was version 4.8

I was a little concerned on reboot after the update it errored and said too many geocaches loade... :unsure: but then it loaded anyhow. I have about 7000 geocaches in there, and have heard that other members have much more than that.

Regardless subsequent reboots don't error out.

Yes by the time I got to it last night it was version 4.8

I was a little concerned on reboot after the update it errored and said too many geocaches loade... :unsure: but then it loaded anyhow. I have about 7000 geocaches in there, and have heard that other members have much more than that.

Regardless subsequent reboots don't error out.

No, there's a limit of 5000 caches. If you try to load more than that, it will skip/drop some of them.