Remove facebook, twitter, flickr, and youtube buttons from all gc.com pages

http://feedback.geocaching.com/forums/75775-geocaching-com/suggestions/2172725-remove-facebook-twitter-flickr-and-youtube-butt

I made this idea on feedback. Any comments? If you think it's a good idea, please vote for it! :)

Thanks!

You know, I don't do any of that tweeting or facebooking or such, but having those teeny-weeny buttons available to the folks that use them bothers me not one whit.

If folks want to use those buttons, there's no reason they shouldn't have them easily available.

Reading through the responses on the feedback thread was enlightening. I'm starting to think that the geocaching community has a much larger percentage of tinfoil-hat-wearing, FUD-spreading Luddites than the broader population. Don't get me wrong; if social media isn't your thing, that's great (and, frankly, a bit admirable). But, goodness sakes, these buttons are nothing more than links to GC's social media pages; it's not the mark of the beast.

--Matt

I for one am I very avid twitter/google user so I firmly believe that any real page SHOULD have these buttons. It is the only really reliable way to get your members to be able to share content and get new customers. Quite frankly, if I see a business page like this without them, I would think it is pretty amateurish.

(Note: Amateur does not mean bad, just not professional)

Reading through the responses on the feedback thread was enlightening. I'm starting to think that the geocaching community has a much larger percentage of tinfoil-hat-wearing, FUD-spreading Luddites than the broader population. Don't get me wrong; if social media isn't your thing, that's great (and, frankly, a bit admirable). But, goodness sakes, these buttons are nothing more than links to GC's social media pages; it's not the mark of the beast.

--Matt

+1

Amongst all the comments of not wanting to be tracked by Facebook, my favorite was the one where someone said the icons would increase page load times so much that it would delay the logging of caches by weeks and cause blank or TFTC logs to skyrocket.

I have no idea how some of these people manage to leave their houses everyday and return at night without incident.

IMHO this is a ridiculous thread. Because the OP does not use something she wants them taken away from everyone? Sounds quite selfish and arrogant to me.

I noticed that the OP also has no photos uploaded. Maybe we should just take that function away also to reduce the amount of links and buttons.

I don't like the color green so I want GS to take all green off the website. I don't care about those that love the color green....it has to be my way.

Edited by GermanyBert

Good comment germanybart it seems somewhat native for someone to think that if he Disney use it it shouldn't be there. I don't use them but don't find them annoying. This is another case where I wished they allowed the same voting style as they do for challenges. It would get a couple of nos from me

Edited by Walts Hunting