Zoom on Map Makes Cache Icon Disappear

deb3day

Is it just me? When I bring up the map and try to zoom in close, the Icon goes away! I'm frustrated because I'm at work, a new cache has been posted nearby, I get off work at 2pm and want to go grab it, I don't have my GPS in the car and I know that the satellite map would show me right where it is. But when I zoom in close, NOTHING!

:angry:

Update - looks like if I zoom and then move the map a bit, the icon appears after a bit. Very strange.

Edited by deb3day

Don't trust the sat view. Even the best sat views can be 50 to 200 feet off. It will very based on the area and the location of the cache in reference to the reference points of the tiled image.

I know when i look at the sat view for the one cache i have hidden the image shows the cache about 60 to 80 feet away from its actual location.

As for the zoom issue goes i see no problem. The icon stays no matter how far i zoom in. No matter if its the large map or the dynamic map on the cache page itself. Of course the maps will only let you zoom in so far.