Area Activity

Team Dragon

There are times I like to see the recent cache activity but the recent logs include all of the logs when I'm usually only interested in a certain area.

If at all possible, I'd like the option to see recent (24 hr. or 50 entries, whichever is sooner?) activity for a specific state or country.

You can do this easily using Dan Miller's stats page, just choose "log list" and then select the state or country you want. It lists all the logs in reverse chronological order. I then have the geocaching site opened in a different browser window, so I can go and read any logs that might be of interest.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

"Daddy, are we there yet? No, .17 to go. Are we there yet? No, .16 to go....."

for the plug - when I was reading the original post I thought "hey my site does that" and whaddayaknow someone already pointed that out :-).

Now only if I could get around to putting links to the gc.com pages from that. I've been meaning to do it for awhile but just not getting around to it....

I've been wanting something like this for a while also, so when I read this post, I thought "oh cool! icon_smile.gif". But it didn't have a link to said page icon_frown.gif So I do a search on Google, and found it here.

So I choose a major city near me, and it gives me a nice list of caches with recent activity. I see one that I've been to, so I click on it expecting to read the recent log. But nooooo! icon_confused.gif I just get a similar list of all the people who logged that cache icon_rolleyes.gificon_confused.gif Clicking those links just sends me in a circle icon_eek.gificon_confused.gificon_rolleyes.gif What use is this? icon_confused.gif

quote:
Originally posted by regoarrarr:

Now only if I could get around to putting links to the gc.com pages from that. I've been meaning to do it for awhile but just not getting around to it....

Well get to it, man. It's kinda dumb the way it is.

I know a bit of Perl myself, I'll be glad to help. But then again I suspect it will only take about 15 minutes or so to just sit down and do it. icon_wink.gif

Lil Devil lildevil.gif

I've been wanting something like this for a while also, so when I read this post, I thought "oh cool! icon_smile.gif". But it didn't have a link to said page icon_frown.gif So I do a search on Google, and found it here.

So I choose a major city near me, and it gives me a nice list of caches with recent activity. I see one that I've been to, so I click on it expecting to read the recent log. But nooooo! icon_confused.gif I just get a similar list of all the people who logged that cache icon_rolleyes.gificon_confused.gif Clicking those links just sends me in a circle icon_eek.gificon_confused.gificon_rolleyes.gif What use is this? icon_confused.gif

quote:
Originally posted by regoarrarr:

Well get to it, man. It's kinda dumb the way it is.

I know a bit of Perl myself, I'll be glad to help. But then again I suspect it will only take about 15 minutes or so to just sit down and do it. icon_wink.gif

Lil Devil lildevil.gif