HELP! Pocket Query to Garmin GPSmap 60csx

geodas1

OK...I have created a pocket query but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get the results to my GPS. I have been loading caches one at a time and decided that was for the birds. My gps is not showing up under my devices for me to drag and drop the file. Heelllpppp!

OK...I have created a pocket query but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get the results to my GPS. I have been loading caches one at a time and decided that was for the birds. My gps is not showing up under my devices for me to drag and drop the file. Heelllpppp!

You need to use something like EasyGPS or GSAK to load the info from your query into your GPS.

You need to use something like EasyGPS or GSAK to load the info from your query into your GPS.

Thanks so much! The tutorials are great up to that point, but not very clear on what to do after! I'm in business!!!!

You also should have received MapSource with the device. With this software you can load the WP's to the GPS and also maps, tracks and routes. Also you can use MapSource to transfer data from the GPS to the PC, e.g. the tracks.

Be aware you can only load up to 1000 WP's in the device. When you need more to load, drop me a message. There is a workaround.

Regards, Moose61

I was so confused when I got mine, too! I eventually got GSAK and my life was better.

Before that I added them one by one.

Then I used the interface menu on the Garmin.

Turn it on> hit menu twice> goto system interface> mass storage. ( I have a PC)

This will lead you a folder on your computer (like plugging in a USB FLASH DRIVE).

The garmin folder will pop up onto your computer screen.

Open it.

Open up your Custom Points of Interest folder and put all your PQ into there.

This is where I store all my PQs.

How to find it on your GArmin:

FIND> scroll down to Custom Points of Interests> wait a minutes> voila!

IT's SO MUCH EASIER USING GSAK! If you are really into Geocaching, throw down the $30 to get GSAK! Or do the trial one....

Depending on the size of the memory card, you can load thousands of caches! I currently have loaded all of Southern California's Geocaches onto my Garmin! I do a lot of driving aroung So. CAlifornia.

There is a learning curve to GSAK as there is with you Garmin. If you do have questions, drop me a line. HAVE FUN!