Spelin Chequer Pleze

CAKoala

I for one believe that pet education in the United States has gone downhill since I was a pup. I can recall when we would have at least one basset or labrador retriever for every 12 student pups.

But who will pay for better eduction for our quadrupeds? Is it that we've resulted in spell checkers to replace poor education for our furry friends? I ask you.

I personally run to Merriam-Webster when I need help with a particularly daedal idiom. It takes some additional work, but as a result your lexicon (and grammar) improves.

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

I'm curious how many could spell if they slowed down and proofread their posts before and after. I am a good speller but need to do just that since my two fingers don't always type what I ask them to. I often find mistakes as soon as I post them, so I go back and edit it.

Also, I've seen people who use spell checkers assume they know what they are trying to say - For example, they want "they're", but spell "theer", the spell checher suggests "their" as default, so they click OK and assume theer all set.

( That "theer" was a joke! icon_wink.gif )

Never date a girl whose father calls her princess - chances are she beleives it.

I'm curious how many could spell if they slowed down and proofread their posts before and after. I am a good speller but need to do just that since my two fingers don't always type what I ask them to. I often find mistakes as soon as I post them, so I go back and edit it.

Also, I've seen people who use spell checkers assume they know what they are trying to say - For example, they want "they're", but spell "theer", the spell checher suggests "their" as default, so they click OK and assume theer all set.

( That "theer" was a joke! icon_wink.gif )

Never date a girl whose father calls her princess - chances are she beleives it.

Two thinks:

1. We outsource the forums, and although we can modify the stylesheets, we prefer to keep the site working close to the way it was designed by Infopop. We are one of their beta testers.

2. I come from the school where a little research can go a long way. Once you submit a new post, return to the topic and proofread your paragraphs. If it looks wrong, edit it. You have about an hour before your post adds the "edited on" text at the bottom.

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

Well we digressed nicely there! Polly (the picture) is a Welsh Springer Spaniel and avoids politics as much as possible. But! back on subject.

Yes, I could cut and paste into my Word Processor, but why? I could use a seperate site, but why? A button on any edit screen (logs or posts) that would invoke a spelling checker would be a nice enhancement. I have seen this on other sites with Evite.com popping to mind.

Not only would this calm my fears of the public discovering that Giant Koalas have some faults (we're nearly practically perfect in every way!) It would also let me wax poetic about all the wonders I see when I seek your caches.

So Bad Spellers Unite! Drop a line here and lets get this feature pushed through!!