Adoptions

Anyone else having trouble accepting an adoption from the link in the email?

When someone enters an adoption request at geocaching.com/adopt the person being invited to adopt the cache gets an email with a link asking them to confirm their acceptance.

I get this error when I go to that link...

http://www.geocaching.com/error/500.htm

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

Anyone else having trouble accepting an adoption from the link in the email?

When someone enters an adoption request at geocaching.com/adopt the person being invited to adopt the cache gets an email with a link asking them to confirm their acceptance.

I get this error when I go to that link...

http://www.geocachin...m/error/500.htm

YES, NOT WORKING TODAY !!! YES, I AM SCREAMING AS I WANT TO ADOPT OUT SOME ITEMS AND CANNOT DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. Same here. But there's no sense screaming about it. The world won't come to an end if we can't adopt a cache in the next 24 hours while they find and fix the problem. :ph34r:

Can we scream now ? 24 hours and still not working and how do you know the world won't come to an end if we can't adopt a cache or geocoin?

Q: Does silence about an issue solve it faster?

A: NO !

By the way, this post is just to keep this topic in sight.......maybe someone who can fix the issue will see it and get the function working.

Yes. Same here. But there's no sense screaming about it. The world won't come to an end if we can't adopt a cache in the next 24 hours while they find and fix the problem. :ph34r:

Can we scream now ? 24 hours and still not working and how do you know the world won't come to an end if we can't adopt a cache or geocoin?

By the way, this post is just to keep this topic in sight.......maybe someone who can fix the issue will see it and get the function working.

Many have requested that adopting listings be a PMO only feature. Maybe this is in the works? :)

Many have requested that adopting listings be a PMO only feature. Maybe this is in the works? :)

And geocoins too? That seems almost criminal if that's the case. Listings is one thing but ownership of property is another.

And geocoins too? That seems almost criminal if that's the case. Listings is one thing but ownership of property is another.

I agree with you about the geocoins. I'm a collector too. I used to release some, but they just end up missing or being held for an unreasonable amount of time. It's not a bad idea to only allow PM's to adopt listings, and as far as I am concerned my ammo cans and log books are my property, and not abandonded property because I hid them in the woods for others to find. :D

Still waiting to see some sort of proof that the idiotic idea of making adoptions PMO has some validity.

Otherwise, you're just over here trolling again.

First off let me state that I am not required to respond to you, and in most cases I won't. But I have been searching the feedback to offer you some proof. All I came up with was this: http://feedback.geocaching.com/forums/75775-geocaching-com/suggestions/1906255-give-owners-a-better-way-to-protect-their-caches-t?ref=title

I'm quite sure that you are better at searching the forums, ect than I am. I just remember seeing some posts on the subject. Maybe it was in the old feedback site?

5:30 PM PST and still not working. Anyone else still having issues with this?

Yes. Glad it's not just me. I was ready to pull my hair out...then I decided to look here and see if this is a problem across the board.

Trying to adopt some geocoins...end up at an error message that isn't helpful at all.

Still waiting to see some sort of proof that the idiotic idea of making adoptions PMO has some validity.

Otherwise, you're just over here trolling again.

First off let me state that I am not required to respond to you, and in most cases I won't. But I have been searching the feedback to offer you some proof. All I came up with was this: http://feedback.geocaching.com/forums/75775-geocaching-com/suggestions/1906255-give-owners-a-better-way-to-protect-their-caches-t?ref=title

I'm quite sure that you are better at searching the forums, ect than I am. I just remember seeing some posts on the subject. Maybe it was in the old feedback site?

That says nothing about either adoptions nor geocoins.

Still not working today (8-22-11)....is this still a problem for everyone??

8-23....Still waiting....

Glad to see the site is back, and some of the issues are being fixed, but nada on the adoption function. <_<

Yes., I have exactly the same problem, someone wants me to adopt a Cache, he has completed the required form, I have recieved the E-mail and as soon as I log on and go to the page I get the Error 500 message others seem to be getting...

No sign of a resolution yet... can the reviews do something though a back door if they are provided with evidence of the original owner wanting to proceed?

it will be fixed sometime

Does the Hotfix include the adoption issue?

Yes.

any indication of when that might be? i see the banner is gone from the main site and i tried the adoption link sent to me in the email and still doesn't work

I can't give you a precise time. We are meeting to go through all of the issues and prioritize them. We will then release hotfixes as dev work proceeds and warrants, with the most important things coming in the earlier waves.

adoption request link in email is broken since site update

24votes

3 votesTeam T.A.P.A. shared this idea · August 19, 2011 · Flag idea as inappropriate…STARTED ·

ADMIN

Moun10Bike (Admin, Geocaching) responded · August 23, 2011Aug 23, 2011: This is currently planned to be implemented in a hotfix scheduled for tomorrow. (30496)

biggrin.gif TY Moun10Bike

Edited by The Geocoin Secret Agent