Help with a Magellan explorist 210

Would like more info on what apps to use to upload caches to my gps. I'm very new to geo caching and have enjoyed it thus far. But I need help with my unit. I also want to know how to mark finds and delete info when I'm done finding caches. Thanks, for any help.

Welcome to the fun! Sorry I can't help with your GPS question....but hang in there, someone will help you out, I'm sure.

You cannot go paperless with the 210, since it does not have any connections to a computer. The only way you can find geocaches is by entering coordinates through waypoints. You have to either bring printouts or the cache description on another device, as the 210 cannot store this information. Also, to delete the cache, just remove the waypoint. There are many better options for geocaching than the 210, but if it is all you've got, it will suffice for basic caching.

You cannot go paperless with the 210, since it does not have any connections to a computer. The only way you can find geocaches is by entering coordinates through waypoints. You have to either bring printouts or the cache description on another device, as the 210 cannot store this information. Also, to delete the cache, just remove the waypoint. There are many better options for geocaching than the 210, but if it is all you've got, it will suffice for basic caching.

The 210 does have a computer USB cable. It's not fully paperless, but will display some basic information, name, owner, type, difficulty, terrain, and hint (if any). No logs however.

I use GPSBabel to reformat .GPX files to the .gs Magellan format then drag and drop that file onto the unit.

I got a newer GPS this year, so I'm a bit rusty on the details of file transfer to the 210, but that's the gist of it.

Oh, one additional thought. You can only open a file of up to 200 caches/waypoints at a time, but you can have multiple files and switch them as needed.

Edited by Mosaic55