Person that has my TB won't respond back

TromboneTaco

Well, I have a travel bug that has gone quite far and as almost completed half of my goal. But, this one geocacher picked it up from a geocache in April of 2011, and hasn't done anything since. I e-mailed him a few times asking for just an update, but he won't reply back.

I just don't know what to do now. Any suggestions?

Don't re-release yet. Wait at least a year for that, and make sure if one reappears, you call one home asap. You can't have two items tracking on the same number. It makes a mess.

If you are talking about your surfer TB, the cacher has found only two caches since they picked up the bug. One was a micro, one was small. They have found over 30 caches but last visited the site in June. All kinds of things could be keeping them from caching in the summertime. Don't email too often, always be nice, and not demanding, in your emails. People cache when they can, it's a hobby, a game, a sport, but it is not a requirement. Travel bugs travel naturally. One came back from the dead, missing since 2003 just this week. But this doesn't look like a newbie who won't cache again. I believe they even have a cache hide. Give it time, have patience, and don't set your expectations to high when it comes to TBs. It's like sending a message out in a bottle, only this way, you hope you can track it. Some lost TBs are still traveling. They just aren't writing home. Who knows, he may have placed it, and didn't know how to drop it, and someone will grab it suddenly. He did say it was his first TB, in his log.

Don't re-release yet. Wait at least a year for that, and make sure if one reappears, you call one home asap. You can't have two items tracking on the same number. It makes a mess.

To clarify--don't re-release Surfing in the USA yet. The 2 Exploring Minnesota Travel Bugs have been missing for over 2 years; they should be safe to be re-released.

LOL wait a year? Ha Ha Ha, that takes a dyed in the wool Buck Skinner. Only that type of person can wait a year. LOL

Many a missing trackable has shown up months, or years later. Many cachers don't know how to log them, because they were not taught. So, they just move them without logging. So, it is considered the norm to wait, and see for a good long time, before releasing the copy. Not everyone is addicted to geocaching, and some people have very lite spare time to cache.

Check some of the threads on TBs coming back. It's the natural flow of life. Some have turned at tag sales, even, found by tag sale browsing cachers. One has to have patience, if one wants to be a Trackable owner.

LOL wait a year? Ha Ha Ha, that takes a dyed in the wool Buck Skinner. Only that type of person can wait a year. LOL

Many a missing trackable has shown up months, or years later. Many cachers don't know how to log them, because they were not taught. So, they just move them without logging. So, it is considered the norm to wait, and see for a good long time, before releasing the copy. Not everyone is addicted to geocaching, and some people have very lite spare time to cache.

Check some of the threads on TBs coming back. It's the natural flow of life. Some have turned at tag sales, even, found by tag sale browsing cachers. One has to have patience, if one wants to be a Trackable owner.

This may be, I can't say. I am totally new to geocaching, this site and reading as I can. I'ld like to get off on the right foot, and not makes waves, or worse a total fool of myself. I was simply amused to read that a year can be a common time in this day and age for anything. I am a Buck Skinner, which is a historical hobbist/re-enactor for the French and Indian War thru the American Fur Trade, circa's 1750-1840. We are all of the people i would know accustomed to waiting a year for something. In the hobby/life style many itens someone like me might want is a year wait, since you can't just run to walmart and buy it.

In geocaching, I am trying to learn the basics, which I hope will end with my first gps unit pretty soon, so I can go on with this new hobby, which has a modern flair to add to my old hobbies. In part what geocaching I hope will do for me, is to point out new places to see, and take more trecks, perhaps create a reason, or a destination.

This may be, I can't say. I am totally new to geocaching, this site and reading as I can. I'ld like to get off on the right foot, and not makes waves, or worse a total fool of myself. I was simply amused to read that a year can be a common time in this day and age for anything. I am a Buck Skinner, which is a historical hobbist/re-enactor for the French and Indian War thru the American Fur Trade, circa's 1750-1840. We are all of the people i would know accustomed to waiting a year for something. In the hobby/life style many itens someone like me might want is a year wait, since you can't just run to walmart and buy it.

In geocaching, I am trying to learn the basics, which I hope will end with my first gps unit pretty soon, so I can go on with this new hobby, which has a modern flair to add to my old hobbies. In part what geocaching I hope will do for me, is to point out new places to see, and take more trecks, perhaps create a reason, or a destination.

Well, Hello the lodge! I just learned something new, too. I think I would like the baker lodge sytle best, after the tipi. :D

I checked out Buck Skinners. Looks like fun.

Well, Hello the lodge! I just learned something new, too. I think I would like the baker lodge sytle best, after the tipi. :D

I checked out Buck Skinners. Looks like fun.

I must caution you! Buck Skinning is life altering and addictive. Me: I am a hopeless case at this point LOL

In theory I can't have a GPS at events, and if i do it must remain out of sight. But then I do trecking alone, and then I can have anything I want legal.

A gps is just another excuse to get outdoors after work and chores. The Baker in reality is a tad late, invented after 1840, and 1840 is generally the year of the cut off point. But these are still used.

What I prefer most for 3 seasons is a eastern/ western adaption called Hunter's Lodge. Correct in both places and over the 90 year span. It is basicly a A frame, but has 'Belled ends' making it look like a small tee pee from one end or the other. It can have fire anywhere on the center line, and it can have all or none of the 4 canvas panells open on a whim. No stakes are used to hold it up, but stakes are used to spread canvass to be the A or to be awnings.

I would say this in a pm/dm, but i can't with my current membership I have here, and i would like a gps and some more ideas on what I am doing before i become a + member. So if you, or any mods have to delete this i am sorry.