Best Country Park For Caching

ATK_09

Hi, i am new to the wonderful world of caching.

I was just wondering if anyone knows which country park within 50miles of Northamptonshire has the best multiply cache's.

Im looking to spend the day going around but i don't know where to start. Would appreciate any advice that anyone may have! =) Thanks

Don't go somewhere on the basis of the number of caches.

Go somewhere on the basis of the landscape, the history, the adventure, the location.

Some of the most fantastic places we have been and the best walks we have had have been to find a couple or three caches.

Yes the circuits can be good for taking you on a 'guided' 8 miles walk round lovely countryside boosting your smilies by 20 or more by the end of the day.

But I would still recommend starting with location then working back to see if there are a few caches you can find on the way to exploring that location.

I know it's about 150 miles too far, but on the topic of "Best country park for caching" Margam Country Park in South Wales really took my breath away when we visited there for the Mega. I've never seen such an amazing and beautiful country park in all my life. There was a farm, beautiful waterfalls, a nice stream, ruins of an old orangery and church, wooden sculptures, bendy trees you could climb, a castle, a kid's playground, a fishing lake, a restaurant... It was huge! There are caches there too, although they're quite spread out. So if you're ever down that way... :anitongue: