The website ate my log.

kablooey

quote:
Originally posted by kablooey:

Okay, so it happened again. (I filled out the form to submit my log and ended up at My Cache Page.) Unfortunately, I don't copy/paste on my device; so can somebody figure out what causes this to happen, so that I can at least try to avoid it?

Just a thought...How long did your writing take? I know the site will time out if you take too long.

Heya,

There is a 45 minute timeout, but are you positive that you have cookies enabled?

If you do not know what session cookies are, or how to enable them, please do a web search, as this is beyond the realm of this forum.

Seeya!

Will ~ 9Key

I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagited life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.

Byron

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

quote:
Originally posted by 9Key:

Heya,

There is a 45 minute timeout, but are you positive that you have cookies enabled?

If you do not know what session cookies are, or how to enable them, please do a web search, as this is beyond the realm of this forum.

Seeya!

Will ~ 9Key

He is logging caches from a cell phone in the field, so normal browser info doesn't apply here.

Does the browser built into the cell even accept cookies? Does it even know what a cookie is?

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

I should point out that this doesn't happen EVERY time. Generally, what happens is:

1. I load the Hide Seek page.

2. I enter info and end up at Nearest Caches page.

3. I click details and end up at a Cache page.

4. I find the cache. Usually, I reload the Cache page at this point.

5. I click Log A Visit. Usually, I end up at My Cache Page here, though sometimes I end up at the Log a Visit page.

6. If I ended up at My Cache Page, I hit the back button to reload the Cache page.

7. I click Log A Visit again and end up at the Log A Visit page.

8. I enter my log and submit. About 90% of the time this works. About 10% of the time, I end up at My Cache Page again and have lost my log. [icon_frown.gif]

Not that anybody cares, but I now have a lame workaround. I submit my log, then cancel the request once it's been sent. Then, I resubmit the log. I usually do three submits to make sure. That usually results in two posts to the website, but sometimes it's only one or occasionally it's three; so then I have to load up the cache page again to delete the extra ones.

quote:
Originally posted by kablooey:

8. I enter my log and submit. About 90% of the time this works. About 10% of the time, I end up at My Cache Page again and have lost my log. [icon_frown.gif]

Are you absolutely sure there's no cut & paste capability on your phone? That would be a good work around.

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"