Pocket Queries excluding sites

2LuknF8

I have noticed that sometimes a query I generate does not include all the sites for the area even when I had placed no exclusion filters. This came to my attention when I travelled to Boston recently. I had already reveiwed some of the sites near downtown but when I received my query file, some had been excluded. I realize that I have since erased that query and the files, but I was wondering if this is a "sometimes" occurrence. The next time it occurs, I will keep both the query and the resulting file for your perusal if this would help.

"the future is no place to place your better days"- dmb

How many caches did you have the PQ set to bring back? How many were actually in the file? Did you use a distance limit? Doing a zip code search from your starting point, how many caches are there, within the range your PQ was set at?

If you ran a PQ bringing back 500 caches, in an area with 1000 caches, obviously you're only going to get 1/2 the available caches into the file.

Not holding back icon_biggrin.gif

Also remember that if you're loading a GPX into EasyGPS, it's *still* got the bug (as of the August 1st build, which is the latest I've seen). It'll only partially load many GPX files. (I was told circa August 3rd that the bug was fixed for the next version, but that next version is a long time coming.)

[[[ ClayJar Networks ]]]

Home of Watcher downloads, Official Geocaching Chat, and the Geocache Rating System

I had it set for 200 from a lat/lon reading. I was under the impression (falsely perhaps) that the query would work from closest to farthest? I had some caches in between the ones that were missed. I translates the gpx to files for use in MapSend Topo as well as using gpx2html & plucker to transfer them to my PDA. They were absent from both.

"the future is no place to place your better days"- dmb