Simple Treasures Geocoin

EyeD10T

Here is the mint art for a coin that I have been working on. The name of the coin is Simple Treasures. It will be trackable with a custom Icon.

eee6ab3b-908f-4a9b-a99a-b9d7ddef78db.jpg

I have always appreciated art from Asia and I wanted to incorporate some of it into a geocoin. Simple Treasures is a coin that has Plum blossoms and cherry blossoms on the front and bamboo on the back.

In many Asian cultures, the plum blossom is admired not just for its beauty but also for its special meaning. The blossoms sprout in the earliest part of spring, when snow remains on the ground. Poets, painters and artisans often placed plum blossoms in their works as a message to others to be brave and strong, like the courageous flowers that dare to bloom before the arrival of warm weather.

Bamboo is of notable economic and cultural significance; being used for building material, as a food source, and as a versatile raw product. Bamboo is a symbol for longevity because of the very long life it has.

The cherry blossom represents power, beauty, and prominence. For the Chinese the cherry blossom is a very significant symbol of power. Typically it represents a feminine beauty and sexuality and often holds an idea of power or feminine dominance. Within the language of herbs and herbal lore of the Chinese the cherry blossom is often the symbol of love.

The writing on the front of the coin is in ancient Chinese and it translates to Treasure hunting, which is the closest translation I could find to Geocaching.

Edited by Eartha

Thank you for the kind words about this coin...I cant wait to see the sample coin.

Ah! Another coin with cherry blossoms. :wub:

:ph34r:

CF30

LOL - I know, right?! I debated on whether or not to use the cherry blossom, but could not see doing an asian art themed coin without them B)

Thank you for the kind words. I have these available now, if you are interested. I am asking $8.00 per coin. Shipping will be $2.50 for up to 2 coins for the US and $3.50 elsewhere. You can contact me via my profile, can send me a PM, or reply here if you would like to place an order.

I have decided to have 2 other versions made of this coin. Antique Silver (75 total) and Antique Copper (25 total). The antique copper version is the AE with "EyeD10T Proof" engraved on the side of the coin.

5fd5bc83-e672-4b75-9f9e-ef6eb68d7ec1.jpg?rnd=0.6845408

The coins are being made now. I will post pictures when they are available. If you would like to reserve any of these just let me know and I will hold one for you. I also have some of the bronze version left if you would like one of those. You do not have to pay until the coins are ready to ship to you. If you decide later that you no longer want the coin that is okay - you are not obligated to buy if you reserved.

These (including the AE) will be $8.00 each + $2.50 shipping (US and Canada) and $3.50 for overseas. The shipping cost will cover up to 2 coins. Shipping for each additional coin will be .50 ea. There is a limit of 1 AE per person.

If you are interested, you can e-mail me via my profile, respond here, or send me a PM.

Have a great day all!

A Simple Cointest

Its time for another cointest. I am giving away 2 Simple Treasures coins (winners pick the version they want).

I submitted my order to the mint on January 3rd. They normally have a turnaround of 3-4 weeks, but due to the holidays the estimated completion for this order was pushed out. To win a coin, all you have to do is guess:

1. What was the earliest date that the mint said I would receive the coins?

2. What date and time will I receive the coins?

Guess as often as you like - 1 guess per hour. Cointest stays open until the coins arrive.

Edited to add - the winner for the 1st coin will be the 1st person that guesses the correct estimated date. The 2nd coins winner will be the person that guesses the closest to the correct date/time

Good luck! :)

Edited by EyeD10T